2010 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 3.8L from North America

Other than the radio, I think it's a great car

New car purchase. Everything is great with no problems. Very well built and tight fitting.

General Comments:

We are previous Hyundai owners: 1997 Elantra, 2001 Sonata, 2005 Santa Fe, 2007 Santa Fe, & now we just traded in our 07 Santa Fe for the new 2010 Veracruz.

Very nicely appointed.

However, I'm not too impressed with the radio and sound system. Sounds like a transistor radio. No bass and the basic tone controls have little effect on the sound. Very poor sound quality with either the FM radio, CDs or XM Radio. Maybe something is wrong. I'd like to hear from others on this issue.

Review Date: 21st July, 2010

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited from North America

Positively Fantastic!

This car is still flawless!

General Comments:

This car is unbelievable. I cannot understand any of the negative comments, because I researched and drove every crossover and SUV on the market before driving this one off the lot.

Truthfully, I really didn't want to fall in love with it, but I did. I wanted one of the flashier brand names, because nobody wants to admit they drive a Hyundai. Now, I'll shout it from the rooftops. I get stopped all of the time to have people check out my car, and it's two years old! It is luxe and I feel like a millionaire when I drive it. My husband and I even joke, that if we won the lottery, we would keep this Veracruz and buy another!

Hyundai is very responsible in that they will issue a non-mandatory recall if something isn't quite up to the level they think it should be. The dealership I use has a wonderful attitude of customer service. When we go out with our friends, they all want us to drive. We will fit 7 adults in our car comfortably.

My husband loves to hook up his Playstation to the TV, which seems ridiculous to me, but he thinks it's cool. The sound is awesome, but the best part is that is that it is safe. We have a new baby, and I feel 100% comfortable driving my precious cargo around.

I wish I had better words to describe this car. I come from a family of Lexus, Jaguar, and Infiniti drivers, and they all love my car. This is by far the most bang for the buck.

Review Date: 23rd September, 2009

23rd Sep 2009, 15:25

Hyundai couldn't have said it better in a Super Bowl ad.

I really am thrilled to hear that you love your Hyundai, I guess I'm one of those people who wouldn't want to be seen in one, but I will admit if the Veracruz had a premium brand logo on the front, I would look at it differently.

I guess some of us are just brand snobs and we might be missing something.

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 3.8 gas from North America

Hyundai has brought well built luxury to the masses, and is scaring the competition with good reason

Nothing wrong so far.

General Comments:

This vehicle handles very well, surprising for a vehicle of this size, is very plush, smooth ride unless the bumps are very large or deep potholes. Very quiet ride. Tight turning, light steering.

Interior is as classy as any of the competitors, and outclasses all the North American offerings in this class, and is very close to being on par with the Lexus 350, with some minor differences being the faux wood instead of real wood. Outshines the Lexus and ALL competition with how quiet it is in the cabin.

Comfort is among the top of the class, with great seating room in all 3 rows, the leather is very nice and upscale. Great amenities.

Performance is as strong as anyone needs in a vehicle this size, with plenty of go for passing. Fuel economy is average for the class, and could be better. I average 12L/100km or about 22-23 miles/Imperial gallon in combined city/highway driving and get about 10-11/100km or 26mpg driving at 110km/hr on the highway.

Review Date: 8th July, 2008

4th Mar 2009, 09:38

Bought 2008 Veracruz in Dec. So far we love the car. Handles very well in snow. Quiet car with good sound system.

The warranty is great. Had an Envoy before this car with lots of problems with a bad fan clutch that GMC would not stand behind. So the warranty was important to us.

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 3.8 V6 from North America

An exceedingly valuable utility vehicle

Nothing, this is a brand new Huyundai Veracruz crossover SUV.

General Comments:

An excellent value compared to most of its direct competitors such as the Mazda CX-9, GMC Acadia/Saturn Outlook/Buick Enclave.

Fully loaded with everything it's $45,000, whereas a GMC Acadia fully loaded w.o NAVI is approx close to $60 grand.

However to create more sales, Hyundai should consider making a base model without leather and sunroof, and all the other luxury items, to be in "direct" competition.

Smooth engine that has is smoother than a Lexus RX350, which has been proven.

Tons of space, however the third row of seats is limited to children or small occupants... this is where the Acadia shines.

Overall, excellent value when compared to other CUV's. Impressed with the overall quality, and we shall see how the long term reliability of the vehicle is.

Review Date: 11th July, 2007

23rd Jul 2007, 15:55

Actually, the Acadia is the one that tops out around $45K fully loaded. The Veracruz has a hard time getting near $40K. I almost thought a dealer was writing this until I saw some of the negative comments.

26th Aug 2007, 22:00

Actually, I wrote the review and forgot to mention that I reside in Canada so the pricing is different.. We only receive two models (39995-45 000) of the Veracruz which are both fully loaded, the only difference is the higher end model comes with a dvd system, saddle leather, and a 10 speaker system instead of 6. Sorry I forgot to mention that..