1994 Infiniti J30 Reviews

1994 Infiniti J30 t 3.0 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired190000 miles
Previous carHyundai Accent

Summary:

Fancy luxury fast

When I first got the car, the seats were badly beaten.

No radio.

The motor to the fan wasn't working.

Where the temp is regulated, was not even there.

Had to fix the control arms on the front wheels. One arm on rear tire.

Put a radio in myself, with Sony Xplod speakers. The Bose speakers were blown.

Inside lights dash comes on and off when it wants to.

Sunroof gets stuck. It only goes up and down. Won't open and shut.

I got the car for 900 dollars. They wanted 1200, but I figured I went to Lincoln tech, so I guess I can make this car a lil project.

General Comments:

I've loved my J30 94, ever since I got it.

It's fast when I want to go fast, but I can bring it down to cruise when I want.

It's not so good on gas, using premium all the time, but sometimes I use the regular.

I have a slight oil leak, but I just keep dropping oil in her. She's still moving real good though.

At 250,000 miles, the timing belt started to act up. It just went up today. So I guess I have another project to do. I'm try to do this with my dad, because I heard the timing belt is a son of a you know what.

But other than that, I love my J30. This is my 4th car in my entire life. I'm only 27, but if I could get another J30 with less mileage, I would.

Review Date: 16th August, 2010

1994 Infiniti J30 3.0L V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0L V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired162000 miles
Most recent distance200000 miles
Previous carInfiniti J30

Summary:

Good car. It's reliable

Speaker wire has burnt out.

Exhaust leak, so that needs fixing.

Driver's door one day decided it won't open from the inside.

Back right window is going out.

Blower motor is dead so no heat in winter or air conditioner in summer..

Every so often while driving, I'll hear a thump from the front right tire area.

General Comments:

Great handling. Good acceleration as long as you don't over drive it like I did. Top speed I hit with it is about 120-125.

Review Date: 18th February, 2009

1994 Infiniti J30 3.0 gasoline from North America

Year of manufacture1993
Engine and transmission 3.0 gasoline Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Achieva

Summary:

I love this car and will drive it until it falls to pieces

Normal wear and tear.

General Comments:

This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. All repairs have been for normal maintenance, or wear due to the age of the car.

This car is comfortable, but could use just a bit more cabin room.

For it's age, it handles well and still has a lot of get up and go.

This car has over 175,000 miles on it and I am sure it will go for another 175,000 with proper maintenance.

Review Date: 17th February, 2009

1994 Infiniti J30 from North America

Previous carToyota Tercel

Summary:

Fantastic

Headlight relay is bad.

Power windows stick & won't operate.

Bose stereo not working at all.

Sunroof doesn't operate.

Alternator had to be rebuilt.

General Comments:

I paid $3200.00 for my J30 last year, and although I have had all the typical annoyances: headlights going on and off, window problems, car locking on its own, sunroof not working and Bose stereo not working, I still love this car.

I have over 120,000 miles on it and have had no major problems, really.

Review Date: 9th November, 2007

1st Oct 2008, 19:38

I have a 94 J30 with the same issues noted. My car has 215,000 miles and is still running strong. This car has long since outlasted 2 other cars I've bought new since 94 (both having to be donated to charity with less miles on them). Bottom line is this, I've invested $1000 into fixing this car over the past 4 years and it has been the best money spent. To quote my brother-in-law mechanic who has been trying to get this car from me for years, "this engine is bullet-proof," enough said.

1994 Infiniti J30 Gold Package Standard from North America

Year of manufacture1993
First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission Standard Automatic

Summary:

What a beast!!

Dash Lights and clock don't illuminate

Sunroof problems

Headlight problems

CD player problems.

General Comments:

There have been many thing that have gone wrong with my Infiniti that I'm sure many people are experiencing.

Starting with the dash lights and the clock light not illuminating.

My sunroof also was leaking, which led to the tilt/open/close and dome lights non functionable.

Also, one of my headlights would come in and out.

To fix these problems with a dealer I would have spent at least 2000 dollars USD. However my dad is an engineer, and together we were able to fix all three problems.

First we ordered a headlamp relay, rheostat (dimmer switch for headlights), and a sunroof panel online for $75 including shipping. Search online, don't just look locally.

We replaced the headlamp relay which is located under the hood, far right towards the driver side corner. It was tricky, but with the right tools we were able to replace it. This fixed the headlight problem and now it works unreal.

Next we just re placed the sunroof panel by simply plugging in the 2 now outlet type things. This fixed the the sunroof and dome light problems, with a little help of oil to make the joints moist again.

The rheostat is the major problem of the dash lights going out. Replacing this part will fix the problem, however you must purchase a working rheostat. Make sure you get the pigtail with the rheostat and all you have to do is wire cut the wires, re twist them (yellow, black, green, green) and solder them together, and this fixed the problem for me. So nice having the lime green clock and dash lighting up again, back to luxury baby.

I have a problem I need your help with however, my CD player keeps spitting out my CD's, even brand new unburned ones and keeps saying CD ERR. Help...

Review Date: 14th June, 2007

23rd Feb 2009, 17:20

Infiniti J30 '94 CD error: I had to pull out unit and take for repair. Saved $40 on pull out. Repair still cost around $150. New deck $1200.