2000 Jaguar S-Type Reviews - Page 12 of 12

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 3.0 petrol Semi-Automatic
Previous carLexus LS400

Summary:

Early model rushed to market

Water hose blew leaving me stranded on motorway.

Computer locked me out.

Drivers seat is so narrow it caused cramp.

General Comments:

Having had new cars for the last 30 years this was my first Jaguar and it let me down badly (a new experience)

The drivers seat in this early model is too narrow and nips ones hips. (Interesting that in the latest revamp the handbrake has been taken out to allow a wider seat.

The car is quite small inside. The drivers seat retracts to ease entry so at first you don't notice how cramped the cabin is.

I now have a Honda Legend with less charisma, poorer road holding, but a lot more comfort and reliability (I hope!)

Review Date: 13th January, 2003

4th Mar 2005, 19:12

Hey I own a 2000 s type also & have the same problems you have. I also owned a Lexus before my Jaguar. I wish I would have kept my Lexus.

2000 Jaguar S-Type V8 4.0L from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission V8 4.0L Automatic
Previous carAcura Vigor

Summary:

Very reliable, but bad service from the dealer

Nothing, the reliability of my Jag was extraordinary!!! More than Acura.

Now, the Jaguar is very good and reliable. The finishing is pretty good!

With my Acura, I had just some little trouble, nothing really so bad. My Acura was old!

General Comments:

This Jag has really good reliability and quality. With the winter we have here, no problem for the winter with this car. The performance is also very good. The only thing I don't like is the service from the dealer, really the worst I saw in my life!!!

The handling is good, the car is comfortable and the interior is nice!!!

I love my car!!!

Review Date: 3rd July, 2001

2000 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Most recent distance22000 miles
Previous carcadillac sts

Summary:

The finest automobile I have ever driven or owned

Nothing. This automobile remains perfect 16 months and 22000 miles into ownership.

General Comments:

The automobile is a stunning head turner, men and women of all ages comment on its looks.

The car is a comfy long distance tourer.

Seats are great, and the cabin is first class.

Review Date: 25th March, 2001

11th Aug 2006, 22:42

The problems will likely start when the warranty runs out. Many of the cars that I know of started to develop problems at around 50,000 miles.

13th Aug 2006, 02:54

At or past 50,000 miles the valve cover seals to include the spark plug well seals will start to leak. This will cause the spark well to flood with oil and will damage the ignition coils ($800 to fix both). Next, you will probably experience transmission problems ($4000) followed by failed window regulators ($400 each). The coolant reservoir tank will also go bad. If the car is a lease then you don't have to worry. However if you plan to keep the car for the long run, invest in a good warranty.

29th Aug 2008, 20:33

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. I did not. Just as everyone says, after 50K miles, my Jag started falling apart. Had to get the transmission replaced at 75K miles for $3,000. Luckily the top rated transmission shop in my town is walking distance from my house, and they did a great job. I kick myself for having not bought the extended warranty before the original warranty ran out. I just traded my 2001 S-Type in for an 2006 E Class Benz. Even though the Jag was paid for, I just couldn't stand the repeated trips to the shop. And you can't walk out of a Jag dealership show for under $500 (if you're lucky). Now that I've gotten rid of my S-Type I can sleep at night,