28th Dec 2010, 01:09

My neighbor sold their Kia Avella 2005 model B3 engine to me last July 2009 with a mileage of 196k. At first, I was having second thoughts about buying it, considering its mileage, but after doing a test drive, I decided to buy it since it was only 80k.

The aircon is okay, even during the middle of the day. During night time, I would turn on-off the thermostat coz it's really that cold.

The fuel consumption is 8-10km/liter city driving, depending on the traffic. On long drives its 14km/liter.

Ever since I bought the unit, I had repaired the alternator twice; each cost me 2,500. Next time I would buy surplus or reconditioning alternator to save cost and life span.

The engine is doing good, idling is good at 800rpm. I normally change gear at 1500rpm, but sometimes at 1800rpm from 3rd to fourth gear.

Overall, I don't have any regrets about buying a Kia Avella.

30th Jan 2011, 06:45

I bought my Kia Avella last October 2005. Until now I have the unit, but lately I can't find somebody to fix the engine. Sometimes it's normal, but now, most of the time, the engine gets going wild. It will reach even to 5000 rpm, then it will turn off. I almost consulted all of the Cebu car repair shops, but nobody could fix it. Can anybody help? Text me 09062054307

22nd Jun 2011, 01:29

Try cleaning your IAC with carb cleaner and what is your spark plug?

26th Jun 2011, 21:03

I had same trouble last time with a B5 engine delta but it went away when we changed the oil and filter.

29th Dec 2011, 04:32

Hello folks... I have a Kia Avella from Cebu. I am in Manila. Very efficient car, but suddenly after a long city drive, I stop and park my car, then I want to start it again, but it won't start. I'm waiting for an hour to start again. Please give me some advice for my car. Thanks... 09473000700

4th Oct 2012, 20:58

Just go with unleaded gasoline.

26th Oct 2012, 19:26

Try replacing your fuel pump. It did happen to my KIA Avella Delta.

31st Oct 2012, 05:14

It is from the speedmeter line. Try to disconnect it from gear box and drive. The tick will gone.

16th Mar 2013, 02:12

I have a Kia Avella Delta - 98. And there's quite a big problem with it, because when drive up a hill, the car just turns off without you changing any gears, or the gear is only in 1st gear. I consulted many mechanics on this topic, but no one has solved this problem. I'm hoping I can get some advice regarding this topic? Thanks in advance.

7th May 2013, 08:17

Hi, who is the best mechanic for the Kia Avella in Davao City?

26th Jul 2014, 04:46

Hello,

Can anyone help me find surplus stores for my Kia Delta Avella engine parts, like an intake manifold hose?

I'm Cris from Cebu.

3rd Aug 2014, 12:31

My Kia Avella Delta won't start in the morning at all, or I find it difficult to start in the morning. Please, I want to know what is the cause, if anyone has an idea about it?

13th Sep 2014, 09:57

My go to store is at Aim High Auto Supply at Gen. Echavez St.. Call them first at 2338742 or 2328942. Talk to the salesman, not the saleslady because she is Tagalog and easily misunderstands your needs. No disrespect to all ladies intended.

13th Oct 2014, 21:13

Contact Master Kia Boy of DavaoCity 09339232913

21st Oct 2014, 01:33

The rubber bushing on the balancer in the rear suspension needs to be replaced.