2009 Kia Cerato TD 2.0L from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Very capable, and would buy it again!

So far only a minor paint chip near the boot, not sure how it happened, but underneath does seem like it is rusted, could be the rust proofing used in the factory.

General Comments:

So far so good. As my A to B daily drive this car is great. Far more responsive than anything I have driven from KIA before.

Beige interior I can see being an issue in the future with the kids, black would have been better.

Great value for the price, 6 airbags. Handles great. Have not pushed it to the limits yet and do not think I will, great pickup on the freeway!

Can't fault it!

* Update 30/05/09*

Still nothing wrong with the car. Has not missed a beat. Now 3000klms on the car.

Seat comfort is better in some of the other cars I have driven, but it is adequate. I wish I could change my ratings. Love this KIA!

Review Date: 6th April, 2009

1st May 2009, 16:18

Thanks for your review. I'm thinking of buying this car, and my daily A to B is around 2 hours driving in mixed city and high way. It is very important to me have a comfortable car. Please explain more why you are giving the new Kia Cerato 5/10 points.

Thanks.

2008 Kia Cerato Variant 2 EX 1.6L petrol from Singapore

Summary:

My 1st best car I ever had

So far it's so good!

General Comments:

Outlook of the car is decent and it does not look so Asian in design, unlike the Japanese auto-makers. No wonder KIA marketed their products mostly in Europe.

By the way, interior is spacious and comfortable. The driver's cockpit is very neat and well designed. Instrument tools/panels are easy to meddle with, and the car has a great headroom for my height of 1.75m.

Best of all, the fuel consumption is very good for a 1.6L car. The furthest I can travel before the fuel indicator's light turned on was 570km, meaning I still have 8L of gas reserve. It has a big gas tank that holds 55L of gas inclusive of the reserve.

Review Date: 28th January, 2009

7th Jun 2009, 07:40

You mentioned that your Variant 2 traveled 570km before the petrol light indicator lighted up. That's kinda hard to believe, no offence dude.

What I'm also assuming is that your V2 Cerato's petrol consumption (also considering the way you drive) is as equivalent to me driving a 1.6l Toyota with a VVT-i engine? Are my assumptions accurate to what you have said?

I'm just amazed cos I own the Cerato 2006 model and it has never passed, say 520km, before the light came up.

And I have a friend who also owns the V2 Cerato and he's quite skeptical about your claims. He has the manual BTW and you mentioned that yours is semi-auto which sounds auto to me.

Auto transmission cars use more petrol than manual usually.

16th Aug 2013, 03:37

I don't know much about cars, but I have an 09 Kia Cerato TD and my fuel light also comes on around 570km.

I get about 650km out of a tank if I use premium unleaded. And I get about 600km out a tank if I use unleaded.

26th Jan 2014, 09:05

Agree with you totally! It's the way you drive. For the record, without failure I will hit 460-480km per half tank, and not to boast, but I even hit 740km with a remaining balance of 3 litres... ;) I love my Cerato!!

2008 Kia Cerato 2.0L from Australia and New Zealand

Bought as brand new. Following week I started driving the car away - it seemed slow and then appeared to be slowing down, so put my foot down a little (and I mean a little!) more. The car had a sudden sharp surge of power and shot forward.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have heard of a guy with a l.5 litre who has, but would like to know if anybody else has had this kind of thing happen to them.

Review Date: 4th January, 2009