1996 Lexus LS 400 8 from North America
Great car now available at great prices
In no particular order:
1. Engine mounts.
2. Transmission mounts.
4. Hood hydraulic supports failed.
5. Carpet pulled back under driver's seat.
6. Electric antenna doesn't retract.
7. Plastic "finisher" bits have fallen off -- like the interior finishers in the door pockets.
8. Plastic surround on the power seat controls has loosened.
9. Carpet on door panels fell off.
10. Leather on seats and arm rest have cracked.
11. Speedometer sometimes does not register speed.
This car is extremely well made. The issues I've had are less than what one would expect on a 18 year old car.
The major functions like the transmission have not failed.
The car rides very well, is quiet, is dependable, and feels sturdy.
The features on the car are very nice even by today's standards -- for example, separate automatic temperature controls.
New tires made a huge difference in the comfort and drivability.
I thought about getting rid of it, but after test driving both newer and new cars, I couldn't find anything that would be better than the Lexus for as cheap as it was to do the recent repairs it needed (see above) and insure it, etc.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 16th January, 2014