2001 Lexus RX 300 from North America

Summary:

Overrated, Over priced, not worth it

Interior has quality issues. Very poor fitments on door parts. Rattles throughout interior.

Has had a lot of oil leaks.

Spoiler filled up with water.

General Comments:

Handles nicely.

Easy & fun to drive.

Lexus dealer is a pain to deal with. Everytime the dealer touched this car it came back with lose parts, something wrong. HORRIBLE dealership. Stay away from Lexus of Tampa Bay & the Lexus of clearwater.

Review Date: 15th June, 2005

6th Apr 2006, 16:52

They sound like Tustin Lexus here in California. They made a diagnosis without even looking at the problem and say it will cost $4000 plus to fix. My RX300 has problems with the right passenger window and transmission at 82000 miles. This is the last Lexus I'll buy.

2001 Lexus RX 300 from North America

Summary:

Bad on snow

Rear Rotor, front strut, rear noise

General Comments:

Nice looking vehicle. Smooth engine/transmission. Good gas mileage for a 6 cylinder. However, this "SUV" almost got me killed on a snow day. I have driven many cars on snow before but nothing worse than RX300 AWD. I was on a skiing trip to VT one day. It was snowing (about 2" snow on the ground). This car was skidding more than 20 times on the highway. I was only doing 45-50 mph and it was on the AWD snow mode. At one time, the car skidded from one lane to another. The car also did a 180 degrees on a turn. Lucky there was no cars near by. Traction control does kick in when the car skids but it does not help much.

I have driven Jaguar XJS, Nissan Max, Mitsh Eclipse, VW GTI on snow and I never had a single skid that was severe as my RX300. I usually drove 50-65 mph on a light snow day. I took my RX300 to the Dealer and they told me the tires are fine and it is normal for any suv/car to skid. I was totally disappointed! Sure… it can handle 20”of snow doing 25 mph but it is not good enough. A good SUV should be able to do 50 mph on a light snow road without skidding…

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Can your RX300 do 50mph on snow without skidding? Please let me know -Thanks

Review Date: 1st February, 2005

2nd Feb 2005, 12:57

When you compare your SUV to the sports cars that you mentioned, it's no wonder you are surprised. All higher riding SUVs, vans and trucks have a higher center of gravity. Meaning that they are more likely to loose balance on roads, or skid. The only suggestions that I have are: Get used to driving it or buy a lower car because there is nothing that you can do, unless you lower it.

2001 Lexus RX 300 Loaded from North America

Summary:

Excellent car. I'll be getting another

Nothing. Everything just keeps on going like it is new.

I don't like having to turn on the screen display to change to pre-programmed radio stations.

General Comments:

The cover for the back cargo area seems a waste. After using it one time I put it in the garage and forgot about it. I think Lexus wants to trick people into thinking they have a trunk on the car.

Nice wood on the dash, and the leather seats are first-rate.

To turn on the heater I have to set the inside temperature to a higher number than the outside temp. A little confusing at first.

Review Date: 10th December, 2002

12th May 2005, 03:22

I would love to take your cover for the back cargo area off your hands. Email me at clayguy@aol.com. I'll pay for shipping!

2001 Lexus RX 300 VSC 3.0 gasoline from North America

Summary:

A very nice luxury SUV

Absolutely nothing.

General Comments:

Good acceleration, 0-60 in 8.5 seconds.

Not as smooth a ride as one would expect, especially on California freeways.

Review Date: 31st March, 2002