2004 Lexus RX Reviews - Page 5 of 5

2004 Lexus RX 330 3.3 from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Previous carGMC Envoy

Summary:

An Elegant car for the money

To date; nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

I had been looking to replace my GMC Envoy for 6 months and test drove BMW X3 and X5, Cadillac SRX, the Mercedes and Land Rover. I found the RX330 the best fit for my needs. I was looking for something elegant, quick and responsive. The RX330 satisfied these requirements.

The interior was well laid out and the wood trim is very nice. Seats were very comfortable while my wife I both found the BMW X3 seats to be uncomfortable even after a short test drive. It has all the standard electronic gadgets a typical guy requires. Radio was excellent as well. We found the X3 to be cheap looking on the inside and too small while the X5 was too slow and too much money for what you got.

It was quick enough for me and handles well- we found the Cadillac to be much faster, however the Cadillac was an additional $10,000 and with gas prices going up mileage enters into our decision. Cadillac was my second choice.

The size of the RX330 was deceptive - looks small from the outside, but very spacious on the inside.

The RX330 looks to be a high quality and elegant vehicle at a relatively reasonable price.

After looking at the Mercedes and Land Rover they never really appealed to me.

Review Date: 1st March, 2004

23rd Aug 2004, 21:22

You should consider yourself very fortunate that you didn't buy the X3 or X5. I owned one for ten months, and it was a disaster on four wheels. Go to the BMW X5 review comments to read full story. My RX330 has performed flawlessly for the past 70K. The reliability and build quality of the car is magnificent. It still feels and drives like a new car, and in Australia my experience with the Lexus dealership network, is they make the customer feel like a king or queen. I'm planning on trading up to another Lexus when the new GS430 is released in Australia in 2005.