18th Jan 2013, 16:18

I bought a 2000 Lexus RX 300 in 2003 with 39,000 miles on it. My wife drove it for 6 years, and it then had a little over 90,000 miles on it with no problems to speak of, just your normal stuff; an oxygen sensor and one coil pack. I took the car in 2009, and I am a traveling salesman, so I put it on the road. Today it has 211,000 miles on it, and I have had nothing major go wrong with the car at all. A few more coil packs, so I just replaced them all. No transmission trouble at all, just service it every 50,000 miles. I do have the master window switch on the drivers door acting up now, so I am ordering a new one. Nothing but good things to say about this SUV.

18th Aug 2014, 00:22

I have a 2000 RX 300. I have had to replace the motor and transmission. Lexus stated that it was a problem with the motor in this vehicle type. I paid $3500 instead of $6500. And $2400 for the transmission.

All of the doors' locks are broken. To be blamed on electrical problems. Which if you get all the door repairs, then it would be greater than $2400.

Also there have been problems with struts and springs that will cost $1300.

I had to replace new keys to get car started. The key would not come out. This was over $400 at a dealer.

I have had lots of things that stopped working. Yet this car rides good. It drives good. There are several other malfunctions that I have had.

I have a 2008 RX 350 and I need struts for $1300. And other small things that are going wrong. Lexus need to pay us.

I am in Memphis, TN.

18th Aug 2014, 16:23

The engine, tranny, and struts cost $7200 total? Is a vehicle that old worth putting that much money into?