This is easy - a short list:
- Battery (twice)
- Starter motor which was more expensive (~$700 at dealer) because it is not right at the bottom of the car like GM, etc.
- Drive electric window motor (~$500 at dealer)
- Electric antenna (~$125 at local mechanic)
- Tach needle lamp is out, speedometer lamp is intermittent too, seems to be too expensive to bother to fix.
- replace all rotors at about 50,000 miles during a complete dealer brake job (~$850)
- rear struts at 110,000 miles (~$400), I'll do to fronts soon for about $500 - less than half what the dealer quoted.
- I have done the other usual things, tires twice Goodyear GT+ $450 per set of 4, 30K, 60K and 90K service at dealer.
I have never owned such a reliable car. when I bought the car I thought it would cost a lot to up keep the car - time has proved this to be wrong.
The handling is great, it's quiet, powerful and comfortable.
When I was commuting 100 miles a day, I could make the drive and not feel beaten up.
Around town gas mileage has not been great, and highway trips seem to get about 19 mpg sometime 21 mpg.
Do not drive this car in the snow; it will not work. It is dangerous, not great on wet roads.
Coming from a Chevy truck that seemed to be enrolled in the repair of the month club this sc400 has been great!