1984 Lincoln Town Car Reviews - Page 2 of 3

Model year1984
Year of manufacture1983
Engine and transmission 302 V8, 5.0L Automatic
Previous carFord F150

Summary:

A magnificent automobile

The alternator and voltage regulator went out right after I purchased the car. I think that that was caused by the car sitting a lot. I replaced the the int ake and valve cover gaskets when I bought it. I did a fresh tune up to. Other than that it has just been regular maintenance.

General Comments:

This is the most beautiful car I've owned. It runs and rides like a dream. Not even a Cadillac can compare. It never fails me. I would still feel comfortable taking it on a trip across the U.S.

Review Date: 26th April, 2006

18th Apr 2012, 09:37

It's about time people started doing more reviews about these older pre-1985 Town Cars. I love these cars, and there are a couple of them in my town, but they're all 1988s and 1989s, with a couple early 1990s models. I really want to start seeing more of the older (pre-1985) Town Cars on the road as well.

20th Apr 2012, 23:35

I've got an '83 Mark VI and a '79 Town Car. Sadly, I haven't seen any others like them on the road...

20th May 2012, 11:27

I have a 1984 Lincoln Town Car/Cartier/Signature, and it is a wonderful car. I am old and cannot get in or out of it very good, as I have back problems. It has a 302 engine and gets 23-27 miles per gallon. As far as I know it is perfect, and a one owner.

23rd May 2012, 17:34

My family drove Town Cars from 1983 until 2006, when mom was talked into a Volvo S-60. It was horrible, everyone hated everything about it, and she switched back to Lincoln in 2009. Nothing compares with the quality and feel of a real luxury car like Lincoln.

31st May 2012, 08:17

I agree. It's kinda sad though that in a few years, the same may not ring true any more. Lincoln today has no brand identity or the same level of luxury they once did.

1984 Lincoln Town Car cartier 5.0/302 from North America

Model year1984
Engine and transmission 5.0/302 Automatic
Distance when acquired199000 miles
Previous carLincoln Town Car

Summary:

The best car ever built

My alternator went bad twice in one year. had to replace starter motor. had to replace the valve body in the transmission for 450.00. (it wouldn't shift out of first gear). needs a headliner bad. replaced exhaust from cat back.

General Comments:

This car is the smoothest car that ford has ever built. Handles just like it would the day it was brand new.

Review Date: 20th March, 2005

1984 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know
Previous carMercury Grand Marquis

Summary:

One of America's great automobiles

I wouldn't say 'gone wrong.' I'd say, 'wore out.' I had to replace the water pump as soon as I bought it. I assume I'll be replacing other parts as time goes on.

General Comments:

I love this car. It is huge, more comfortable than your bed at home, looks like a million bucks and handles very, very well. A wonderful ride, especially on the highway.

The trunk can fit luggage for a family of four going to Europe. I know this because I gave them a ride to the airport.

Review Date: 9th January, 2004

1984 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series 302 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 302 V8 Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile 98

Summary:

Stylish, luxurious, and impressive

Some sort of little sensor in the engine stopped working, causing the car to stall when I removed my foot from the gas pedal. However, it was fairly cheap to fix and has been fine since.

General Comments:

Truly the nicest car I've ever had. It's smooth, reliable, and well made, and you won't find anything more comfortable. It was made when cars were styled by people rather than computers, so while it may not be aerodynamically perfect, its looks are nothing short of stunning. It always gets lots of attention when I drive it, which I enjoy.

Gas mileage is about what one would expect; not too good, but not too bad either. It's just bad enough to garner a few dirty looks from tree-huggers in Geo Metros.

Overall, I'd say it's one of the greatest cars ever made, no matter how you look at it.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2003