1991 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 DOHC from North America

Summary:

If I could buy another 1991 Lincoln Town Car new again, I would

Power steering hose blew at 120000 miles. Paint went bad just before that. Factory primer at fault. Ignition switch also a problem.

Leather seats in the front started to tear.

Starter failed about the same time.

Radiator rotted at 140000 miles.

One air bag in the rear air suspension blew.

Alternator replaced at about 160000 miles.

General Comments:

Best car we have ever had. Good gas mileage. Reliable. Very comfortable.

Handles very good. Rides very good. No major drivetrain repairs.

Review Date: 11th November, 2008

1991 Lincoln Town Car Presidential from North America

Summary:

Maybe better than previously owned Cadillacs

Car had sat for a long time. Replaced belts, hoses, rims, all fluids, and back air bags. Had the work done at the dealer; the cost was high, but this vehicle is mint inside and out.

General Comments:

This car was found on Cadillac dealer's lot. Went to purchase a used Cadillac, but could not take my eyes off of this car. Very nice car.

Review Date: 8th November, 2008

1991 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4.6L V8 Gas from North America

Summary:

Outstanding value in both dependability and mpg

I just bought the car, and it runs smooth and strong. I have ordered a transmission cooler, and I will change ALL the fluids in the next couple of weeks. I anticipate a few repairs, but the car is clean and extremely well kept, with almost new tires, and immaculate interior.

General Comments:

This is the 5th Town Car I have owned, and each had been a pleasure to drive, and has good mpg... I always get 20-22 mpg back and forth to work.

My last one (a '94) was totaled by a deer, and I bought a Buick LeSabre. It is a fine car, and very reliable, but when I came across this 91 Town Car I had to have it.

My previous Lincoln experiences have been more than favorable... they do require some nuisance repairs (window motors, etc.), but the power train is solid and only needs required maintenance (oil changes, transmission service, etc.).

If I can keep clear of the deer, I hope to have this one a long long time...

Review Date: 17th September, 2007

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series from North America

Summary:

It has cost me a good bit of money, but I love it to death!

The upper and lower hinges on my driver side door had to be replaced at 120,000 miles (the door wouldn't shut it would hit the car siding)

The airbags/airshocks in the rear blew on both sides at 121,000.

The compressor that pumps up the airbags blew at 126,000.

The headliner was starting to fall down when I bought it, so I got a new headliner.

The paint on my bumpers is fading and peeling off badly.

The blower for the air/heat went out at 140,000.

All four power windows went out by 125,000. Even after getting the back right side fixed it blew again.

It eats up oil.. i usually have to put in oil 2000 miles after my oil change.

Leather seats are looking a little rough.

The shifter messed up at 144,000 miles, wouldn't go into park and it was real hard to get it into reverse and drive. It was just a loose screw.

General Comments:

This car is extremely comfortable and rides exceptionally smooth!

It has decent pick up and go for such a big car.

But I do wish it was a little bit more powerful.

Even though a lot has gone wrong with my car, I still love it.

Most of the things that have went wrong had nothing to do with the engine.

I've had very little engine related problems, it runs so great!

This is the best car I've ever owned. My last car was a 2003 Cheverlet Lumina, and it can't even begin to touch this car.

It is costly though. I bought it for only $1800, and I've put probably $5000 into it. It's definitely worth it though, most of the money I put into it was for cosmetic items, or things I wanted to increase my enjoyment (speakers, stereo, etc).

I will keep this car forever!

Review Date: 13th August, 2006

4th Mar 2008, 09:32

Keep up taking care of it and it will easily make it to 251,000 miles like my car did.

27th Apr 2009, 08:41

How did you fix the shifter? What screw did you tighten?

18th Jun 2009, 22:44

What headliner kit did you use?