1991 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4.6L dual overhead cam from North America

Summary:

Excellent car for its era and technology

In all these years I've had the water pump replaced and the radiator expansion tank replaced.

Heater core just replaced Jan 2016.

Window lifts redone also in Feb 2016 for the second time.

Power antenna just broke in Feb.

General Comments:

I LOVE THIS CAR! So comfortable and powerful. Beautiful in light metallic blue with full dark blue cabriolet roof. ACTUALLY just recharged and checked. Originally redone to new r-134 freon. Cools excellent. All systems work well and have required little to maintain full functionality. My 2011 Caddy CTS 4 has cost more!

Review Date: 12th May, 2016

13th May 2016, 17:45

24 years! You should be commended for your loyalty!

13th May 2016, 22:47

I still have a 1968 Buick Wildcat parked in my backyard since 1984.

Is that loyalty?

15th May 2016, 03:02

Glad to hear you are having a good experience :)

One question: Single or dual exhaust?

17th May 2016, 21:26

If it's been sitting there since 1984, I would say that's neglect not loyalty.

18th May 2016, 07:41

He probably meant it's parked at his house everyday. He has had long term ownership and takes it out frequently.

29th May 2016, 02:54

Single or dual exhaust?

31st May 2016, 02:42

Hope you have an X pipe to equalize the gases.

1991 Lincoln Town Car Presidential Series 4.6L V8 from North America

Summary:

A true sleeper dream driver of a car

Radio AM/FM doesn't work, but cassette tape works.

Trunk auto close quit working.

3 passenger windows quit rolling up.

Main window roll down switch dropped out of place.

Sometimes the car doesn't want to start on the first try.

Replaced battery when obtained, due to the car not being driven for 2 years.

Air conditioner quits cooling intermittently, and doesn't cool enough during hot GA weather.

General Comments:

I obtained this pristine dark red and silver trim 91 Town Car Presidential Series from my mother after her having health problems. She never even drove the car; it was my deceased father's car that he bought used with only 2000 miles on it. It was his dream car until he passed away.

After he passed away in Aug 1991, the car was used to transport my mother to her needed places to go. Before I got to drive it, it had rat nests and such all in it, and I had to clean it out and shine it up. It was garage kept always.

Once I got the car up and cleaned up, and fresh fuel with injector cleaner in the tank, it ran great from the mountains of NC to close to the Florida line, where I live.

The car got great gas mileage. Must burn premium gas in it, or the engine will knock.

The leather top is like new, as is all the leather seats and trim.

This car is a dream to drive, as the air ride suspension still works, and will really move once you get it over 30mph.

No major mechanical troubles when driving.

The Presidential Series is an aftermarket option, but is worth it in the long run.

Review Date: 9th December, 2010

1991 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4.6L V8 from North America

Summary:

The best I've ever owned

When I first bought this car, there were minor things wrong with it. Due to previous owner neglect I was left with much work.

Just a couple days ago I started having problems with my starter / ignition switch / solenoid.

The seats however when I got it were not in the best of condition, but they are wearing as expected with heavy traffic.

A hole in the floor on the passenger side, about the size of a quarter.

The radio didn't work when I got it, and neither did all three of the cigarette lighters.

General Comments:

With what I just said I wouldn't trade this car for the world. This is my second Town Car that I've owned, and I would say that I would never buy another car ever. I hope that everybody that has or is thinking about buying a Town Car to stick with it through the gas prices and all the other hardships, because in the end you won't be disappointed.

Review Date: 7th December, 2008