1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series 4.6Liter 281 cubic inch from North America

Summary:

Made with pride on the American side

Within the last month, I have replaced the front and rear Universal Joints.

Rear brake lines.

Exhaust flanges.

Welded rear frame near the sway bar.

General Comments:

For a car that is 15 years old, it rides and feels like a dream.

The interior is very luxurious, with quite possibly the most comfortable seats made in that era.

Acceleration is more than adequate for a car of its size and age, and powered by a small V8.

Overall the looks are very tasteful compared to previous and even newer generations.

Review Date: 14th July, 2006

1991 Lincoln Town Car Executive Editition 4.6L V8 from North America

Summary:

This car is the elite automobile!

Top is kind of ragged.

Paint is starting to chip.

The leather is cracked in some spots.

The odometer was broken when I got it.

The rear door lock actuator is broken.

The stereo doesn't work, but plays cassettes.

The clear coat is starting to wear.

General Comments:

The car is overwhelmingly large and comfortable!

The seats tend to be very comfortable especially on longer trips.

The smaller size V8 really pushes the car surprisingly well.

Its handling and performance are like that of no other car I have ever experienced.

Its power and speed are very handy when it comes to open highway driving.

I only paid $850.00 for it and I consider it a steal.

Review Date: 11th May, 2006

1991 Lincoln Town Car Cartier from Germany

Summary:

A great American car!

Nothing yet, but had to glue electric fittings (power windows, power lock). Windshield wiper only with one speed at 70000 km. Don't know about earlier troubles.

AC fluid needed to be changed as German environmental standards require different one.

General Comments:

Great car, supreme cruising, super comfort and space especially compared to normal European "dwarf" cars.

Much admiration and many turned heads due to grand looks.

Surprisingly fuel efficient (11l/100km or 20 mpg approx.), parts a bit difficult to get in Germany.

Review Date: 19th August, 2005

1991 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 V8 from North America

Summary:

No words, just falling to my knees and crying tears of joy.

Air conditioner pump has seized. my fault.

Missing center cap on turbine rims. These are 161$ from dealer each.

Needs tune up. the plug wires are original.

Front shocks are not in great shape. They still function, but its apparent they need to be replaced.

One bolt on valve cover is leaking oil at wide open throttle. Not too bad.

General Comments:

The leather seats are in pristine shape. Its quite obvious this car was well maintained. He did however neglect to tune it up. This car is in such amazing shape it blows my mind, I paid approximately 3599$ for it at a dealership. they told me it had 146k on it, which I later proved incorrect with a car fax report and speaking to the previous owners. Needless to say he was a bit upset when he found out =).

This is my 4th Lincoln. I am 25 years old, I put 390k on my 87 and I loved it. This Town Car is no exception. I knew when I saw it I had to have it. from the turbine rims, to the crystal clear headlights to the flawless interior, I knew this car had to be mine. I haven't named him yet. My last one was called Anthrocar. This one is my baby.

If you have the chance, to buy either a nice new Hyundai or a used low mileage Town Car, buy the Town Car. Mine gets about 480 miles on 18 gallons of gas. highway and about 400 city. Its worth it. the ride the stereo the looks the reliability. the most solid car ever built.

Review Date: 30th June, 2005

2nd Jul 2005, 01:10

"Passenger side floor keeps getting wet. Its not coolant, its not washer fluid, its not rain or water from outside the car. It seems to only accumulate when I leave the floor mat in place. My car sweats! "

You might check your air-conditioning condensation (water) drain line (s). One might be plugged and not draining the water properly, and instead dumping it inside the passenger compartment.

5th Jul 2005, 22:30

Very good review, I'm on my second big Ford (Grand Marquis), and I'm wanting a 3rd one. By talking about the miles, it seems like you have an analog speedometer. That means the odometer is 5 digits (they did the 6 digits in 1993; if you have a digital starting in 1990, you get the six digit); you have to look those up on Carfax, which you did. I remember my 88 Town Car I got off this lady; her dad died and she said that it had 110236, but the odometer read 10236. Carfax read it as 210,000+. Anyways, you got a good deal. You sound like a good candidate for crownvic.net.

5th Sep 2006, 18:12

I had run a carfax report on the vehicle. I had also tracked down both previous owners. The original owner was a retired lawyer from just outside Columbus, the other was a junior exec. Both gave me an excellent overview on the history of the vehicle and agreed that the mileage that the dealer stated to me was incorrect.

Rainhopper.