1998 Lincoln Town Car signature touring edition 4.6 V8 from North America
AC is making noise like a clicking sound and a rumble like the fan was not running smoothly. Is there a switch problem?
I got the car from a dealer at a very good price and I am willing to fix some minor things. It runs very well and is very comfortable The car has floor mats that say touring edition and they seem to be original. I can find nothing about 1998 touring edition to tell me what makes it a touring edition. I saw a review of the 2008 models that said the touring edition had a higher horsepower engine. Anyone know the story? Thanks.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 19th June, 2008
31st Jan 2012, 19:14
200 hp single tailpipe, but the duals for 98 did have more at 220 hp, and 30 more torque.
1st Feb 2012, 16:31
They all had duals starting in '94.
14th Mar 2013, 01:45
The Lincoln Towncar Signature Touring Edition (STS) included:
- A thicker front and rear sway bar.
- Monotube front and rear shocks (made by Tokico).
- 3.55:1 rear diff ratio (open).
- Thicker 235/60r16 tires.
- 239hp and 287 ft lb engine, bumped up via a factory tune.
- Thicker rear air suspension bag rubber.
- Thicker front springs.
- Most exterior chrome painted body color.(not hood ornament, window sills or handles.
- Special 8 spoke chrome Tek rims only available on STS.
- Special painted grille (forget the name, but it's basically a grey).
- Touring sedan mats.
- Black burlwood trim.
- Higher quality ivory leather.
- JBL sound system from Cartier.
- More supportive seats.
Straight out of the 1998 Lincoln Town Car brochure for my Signature touring sedan. Essentially it was designed as a more performance and touring version of the car. Not too many were sold.
There is one review of it, all you need to search is "Cadillac Deville Concours vs Lincoln Towncar Touring sedan".