2007 Mazda 6 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2007 Mazda 6 GS Sport 3.0L V6 from North America

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 3.0L V6 Automatic
Previous carNissan X-Terra

Summary:

Sporty, good on gas, fun to drive

Check engine light came on at 50000 kms. Put in premium gas, fuel injector cleaner and checked the gas cap was tight, and the light went out in 2 days. Has not come back on since.

Other than that, not a thing...

General Comments:

The car is solid. Nothing has gone wrong.

Gas mileage is great - 650km to a 55? L tank - I don't remember the conversion to MPG. 6 cylinder car, but 6 speed auto seems to help - shifts are quiet and quick.

Very fun to drive. Took me a while to get used to sensitive front-wheel drive steering after previously driving an Xterra - a couple of close calls resulted!

Hatchback and fold down back seats means I have all the room I need to haul stuff around.

The stereo rocks.

I was surprised - my first car with no rattles...

Lets hope the great luck continues.

Review Date: 15th June, 2010

2007 Mazda 6 Mazdaspeed 2.4 from North America

Previous carMazda MX5

Summary:

Love the car with the exception of the tire wear issue

28,000 miles and need to buy my third set of tires. This is my wife's car and it is driven very easily. First set wore out at about 17k miles. We got almost 30k miles on the Toyo Proxes on our Miata speed (super soft tires). I figured they were just soft tires (Bridgestones). Replaced them and now have around 10k on the new ones; went for second rotation, they tell me three need replacing, one is borderline. Obviously, have had alignment problems from day one.

General Comments:

This is my third new Mazda. Overall I have been very satisfied, but this tire wear issue is unreasonable.

Review Date: 9th January, 2010

2007 Mazda 6 s GT 3.0L V6 DOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0L V6 DOHC Manual
Previous carToyota Celica

Summary:

Better than anything in the segment for sportiness

Passenger side mirror cracked due to thermal expansion.

General Comments:

I enjoy driving this car. It's quick, reasonably smooth, and look smashing. For a car geared this short, the low end torque is still noticeable. The ergonomics take a little to get used to, but overall a car I will keep for a long time. I will NEVER let the dealer touch my car for any reason whatsoever. I perform all work on the car, including routine service.

Review Date: 14th July, 2008

8th Jun 2009, 13:24

Cracked mirror due to thermal expansion?? Never ever heard of that before?? You sure you should be doing your own servicing?? Wanna void your warranty.

CHAMBERS.

2009 Ford Fusion owner.

2007 Mazda 6 2.3 from North America

Previous carFord Contour

Summary:

Ideal fun-safety-price-utility balance

Nothing.

General Comments:

The manual shift is way fun to drive and gets the most effect from the 4-cylinder pushing a car this heavy.

The car is very comfortable.

Stereo is great and the red nighttime readouts are a very cool touch.

I have the hatchback and cargo space with rear seat folded down is cavernous -- it's like having a station wagon.

Handling is great. Very sports-car, definitely one of the more fun-to-drive cars I've had.

The turning radius is very wide, however, unexpectedly so for a car this size. Expect to do a lot of backing up and Y-turns rather than U-turns.

Tight wheel well clearance makes for stubborn snow packing around the tires for those of us in snowy northern states.

Car is clearly geared for performance not economy, and I think highway mileage may suffer unnecessarily as a result: cruising rpm's at 55-60mph are about 20% higher than in our 1.8L Nissan, which translates to higher straight-line cruising consumption on a 2.3L car. But This car is also heavier, so it needs some of those extra cruising rpm's -- and with some judicious driving and gear control I can easily beat the city EPA figures around town to balance it out. Overall I'm managing about 26-29mpg this winter, expect better in summer.

Review Date: 18th January, 2008

2007 Mazda 6 Sport GS 2.3 from North America

Previous carGMC Sierra

Summary:

Reliable, sportive, handling... Great car

Nothing.

General Comments:

The only thing I put on the car, is oil, each 8000 km, and winter tires.

I own the car since end of June, I mostly drive the car on the highway.

This car hands the road very well, it is a sportive driving. I would like better to get the V6 3.0L in there, but the 4L is pretty cheap running: around 8.0L / 100km, and this is higher than the speed limit!!

Good car, reliable, comfortable... at this price, you can get a camry, or accord, but you won't get the same driving feeling than the 6!

Review Date: 23rd December, 2007

12th May 2008, 16:35

Now have 37 000 km and still no problem.

6th Feb 2009, 19:24

Hey buddy, if you get this message send another update as I am looking at the mazda 6 (2007 or 2008 models)...used of course with low mileage and I would like to know of problems problems problems.

21st Feb 2009, 11:43

Right now, 53 000 km.

Only thing I did was the rear brake pads.

The front one are still 63% good.

And then add some grease into the steering foot (under warranty), they told me couple of 6's like that miss some, and won't need it later.

I'm still driving a reliable, fun car.

I recommend it for everybody, especially the sport version (like the sedan style, but with the hatchback and a wiper on the backglass)

The fuel consumption is around 8.2 liter / 100km...

24th Apr 2009, 02:16

If you're still out there, about to buy an 07. Can't wait after my tester. Only 77k on it.

22nd Jul 2009, 11:37

I just passed 70 000km this week, nothing went bad since the rear brake...

Still getting around 8,0 L/100 km.

So far, I highly recommend this car to anybody...

9th Jun 2011, 11:59

Just got this one used, 61k miles.

It has very sensitive steering, good gas mileage, 4 cyl is WAY better than I thought it would be (I had a Civic).

A+ value for me.

2007 Mazda 6 Touring Station Wagon 2.0 diesel from Norway

Engine and transmission 2.0 diesel Manual
Previous carVolkswagen Passat

Summary:

Build-quality to the bone!

None.

General Comments:

Well-behaved on the road - sporty setup of the springs.

Diesel-engine pulls like a train (320 Nm/2000 rpm), though not the most fuel-efficient of the diesel-breed.

The engine is rather noisy at low speed - especially when you accelerates. Less recognisable at greater speeds.

Compared with my previous 2001 VW Passat, the interior in the Mazda feels much more robust and a quality-feel I never felt in the somewhat fragile Volkswagen.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2007

25th Feb 2008, 04:23

We bought the 6 diesel wagon last year at what seemed like a good price; about 10% more than the Golf (which is a fair bit smaller). We both love driving it and appreciate the styling. Only 3500 kms on the clock since we got it brand new. So far it has fulfilled all our expectations, although average consumption according the trip computer is over 8L/100km. That's way above the claimed combined consumption. Hopefully it will come down as it runs in? The only things I would have liked, might be a sunroof and seat rail endcaps; small matters in light of such a great car. hopefully I can pry it away from the wife for a good fast run up a winding road.