1999 Mazda 626 LX 2.0 from North America
Worst car ever
1. My brake pads got really loud at 140k.
2. Thermostat went bad at 142k.
3. Head gasket and all the gasket had to be changed at 145k.
4. Catalytic converter went bad at 148k.
5. Oxygen sensor went bad at 150k.
6. Tie rod ends went bad at 150k.
7. Oil started leaking at 152k.
It was a comfortable car, but not reliable at all. Every week the engine light came on.
The interior is luxurious and great, but the performance is very poor. Never buying a 626 again. The engine had a very poor output; it's a very slow car.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 2nd May, 2006
27th Apr 2007, 09:39
Oh brother! First of all, the 2.0 has only 125 hp and is not a fast car by any means. If you wanted fast you should have bought a more powerful car.
Secondly, you can't buy a car with 140,000 miles on it, and not expect to have some issues, or have to put some work into it.
I'm not saying it's a great car. But if you don't like it go buy another car with 140k on it and see how much luck you have with that one!
14th Oct 2010, 01:26
I have had a 1994 626 for about 5 years. Trans went out at 130k, but the car is still able to reach 80 mph with only two speeds. Engine was great, never have trouble, regular parts replacement for the age. Very good car for me.