2001 Mazda Millenia Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2001 Mazda Millenia from North America

Previous carMazda 626

Summary:

JUNK!

I purchased this car new and have had nothing but problems since it fell out of warranty. Knock-sensor was the initial start of the headaches to come. Replaced transmission 6 months ago, I'm pretty sure it needs some work again. O2 sensors, knock-sensors, EGR, crappy gas mileage, can't seem to keep the check engine light off for any length of time, and now the air-bag light is flashing. When I 1st purchased, I questioned the dealer about the hesitation and jerking of the transmission, I was told this was how the Mazda transmission behaved. More like how the Ford Contour tranny behaves.

Review Date: 15th April, 2008

2001 Mazda Millenia S 2.3 superchager from North America

Engine and transmission 2.3 superchager Automatic

Summary:

Nice style, not so nice problems

Before I purchased the car, the salesman told me about the engine light. It is a sensor that needs to be replaced, and to replace it the supercharger has to be taken out. Very time consuming and expensive.

Only have had the car for about a week, and no problems with the engine light.

General Comments:

I really like the car, but I have noticed the slipping on the transmission when I accelerate. I think it's in 2nd gear.

I also had the problem with the ABS and TCS light coming on. They were on for one day and haven't been on since. Found this... front CV joint or the wheel bearing also needs to be replaced because it is causing the ABS and TCS lights to come on, and makes a loud clicking scratching noise as I turn.

Other than that... I haven't had any other problems, and knock on wood that I don't!

Review Date: 5th February, 2008

2001 Mazda Millenia millenia s 2.3 supercharged miller-cycle from North America

Engine and transmission 2.3 supercharged miller-cycle Automatic
Most recent distance71953 miles

Summary:

Mazda please bring the millenia back from the grave

My check engine light is blinking repeatedly.

My car struggles to accelerate onto the freeway and makes a funny noise once over 3000 rpm.

My car leaks oil between the engine and transmission.

General Comments:

Other than the few problems I have with the car I still love it to death.

All of my friends are jealous and want to take it with them everywhere.

Everyone looks and compliments me on my car when I cruise the city and town.

Review Date: 1st December, 2007

5th Feb 2008, 09:34

The check engine light could be the sensor. The supercharger (if you have that model) has to be removed to change the sensor. I had the same problem. Hope this helps.

2001 Mazda Millenia from North America

Engine and transmission Semi-Automatic
Previous carDodge Dakota

Drove the car and fell in love. But the again, new love. Had the car for about 2 weeks. Noticed a rattle in the center of the car. A week later the check engine light comes on. The next morning I stop for coffee. Leave the car running, come back and all is good. Back out of the space and when I put it in drive, I hear a thump and now the car has no drive, reverse and grinds when you try to put in park. Car rolls freely. Help! Anyone.

General Comments:

I love the car is it too expensive for me to keep?

Review Date: 10th October, 2007

27th Dec 2008, 19:31

My 2001 only has 27,000 miles and never a problem. Mileage is not the factor here. Age is... as it is now 9 plus years old and still nothing has broken or worn out except tire dry rot. Regular checks and fluid changes has been the rule. Great car at any speed.

2001 Mazda Millenia P 2.5L V6 from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 2.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carInfiniti G20

Summary:

A lot of car for the money

I purchased my 2001 Mazda Millenia in 2002 with 15000 miles on it and I have 90000 miles on it now. I have been very punctual with the scheduled maintenance and I ALWAYS go through a Mazda dealership for ALL of my maintenance. When the dealer recommended I replace something, I always took their advice to be safe. I've had many people tell me that I don't have to go through the dealership for maintenance... any place that has ASE certified mechanics are qualified to work on my car. This may be true, but all I know is that all of my service was done by a Mazda dealership and I haven't had any major issues or any problems outside of scheduled maintenance or normal wear/tear. I'm glad I went with the 2.5L V6 because the timing belt is changed out at 100K miles verses 60K miles on the 2.3L V6 or the Miller Cycle engine found on the S model (timing belt replacement as noted in the owner's manual).

General Comments:

The only complaint I have is that I wish the car had more headroom... my sons are both 6 feet tall and extra headroom would be nice.

Review Date: 13th June, 2007

2001 Mazda Millenia 2.5 from North America

Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

Nice car, expensive to own, high depreciation rate

Heated driver seat inoperable.

O2 sensor.

Knock sensor.

Transmission slipping in 1-2 shift.

General Comments:

Engine light on for knock sensor ($500 quote to fix)

Transmission has been serviced per factory specs, but is now slipping in the 1-2 shift. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't imagine how, but could the two problems (faulty knock sensor and slipping transmission) be related?

Review Date: 11th January, 2006

17th Feb 2006, 22:34

I don't know if the 2 are related, but I've also had problems with my transmission slipping from 1st-2nd...i had my transmission drained and that helped for a few thousand miles, but now with 70,000 miles on my 95 millenia its still slipping... i don't know what to do about it.

I have also had problems with the interior. The wood grain cracked on the center console and the cupholders are jammed and won't come out.