1984 Mazda RX7 Reviews - Page 3 of 3

1984 Mazda RX7 GS 1.1Litre 2 rotor rotary engine from North America

First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission 1.1Litre 2 rotor rotary engine Manual
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

A rotary rocket with great reliability, power, and handling all packed into one great sports car!

Usual wear and tear with any older car.

This summer I have to rebuild the rotary engine because I overheated it last summer. This was not the car's fault though; I didn't let it cool down after highway speeds and I warped one of the rotor housings.

Slave cylinder for the clutch cracked and the clutch pedal fell to the floor.

I replaced the original tires the first year I bought the car, but that is normal wear and I was happy to pay for it.

I also replaced the brake pads, but I also was happy to pay for that.

This past year I replaced the muffler because it had a crack down the middle and one day driving home the inside fell apart.

There have been very very minor things like headlight bulbs, but I don't want to cut down the car. After all I really love it.

General Comments:

I love my Mazda so far. It has been good to me. The only thing I didn't like about it was the dealer. The reason is because they are really over priced for their parts. But the car is like I dream. I can take a corner at any speed and it doesn't shift or anything. It also has near 50/50 weight balancing on the front and rear axles due to the placement of the engine. The performance was really surprising for me. After all, the engine is all stock still. The body is in near perfect condition. Absolutley no rust at all. The cockpit is beautifully set up so that you don't have to look at anything except the road. Overall, my RX-7 has been good to me and after I fix the engine everything will be like new.

Review Date: 8th February, 2003

14th Jan 2007, 17:44

I was wanting to know about the cool down process and the warming up of the car. I'm getting ready to get a 1982 RX7 if you could let me know that would be great my email is bradleylunsford@yahoo.com thanks bye.

1984 Mazda RX7 GS 12A from North America

First year of ownership1997
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 12A Automatic
Most recent distance102000 miles

Summary:

A great speed demon

Transmission went out at 100,000 miles.

General Comments:

I've had this car for a while now, and trust me after a carburator and turbo, this puppy really moves.

Review Date: 9th May, 2002

1984 Mazda RX7 GLS 1.1L 4BBL Nikki Carb from North America

First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 1.1L 4BBL Nikki Carb Manual
Previous carDodge Lancer ES Turbo

Summary:

The best car that I have had!

I bought car for $150.00 US. Besides replacing the drive shaft the car has been very reliable. I got a car with a "Bad REAR DIFF". Guy felt sorry after I fixed it.

General Comments:

I have always wanted a rotary as a project car, so this car came at the right time for me. I did a lot of cosmetic stuff to it (paint, polish, windshield, rear spoiler adjustment,etc...) If I had the money I would go right now and buy one (2000 model) but they don't sell them in USA any more! BIG TIME BUMMER DUDE!!!!

Review Date: 10th June, 2000