2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Avantgarde SE 320 CDI turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Everything I want from a car

Nothing.

General Comments:

The engine is absolutely superb. A brilliant drive.

Gearbox ratios are well considered and the shift is seamless.

The car is packed with extras, so great value.

Quality and refinement are definitely there.

I actually prefer the interior of this model to that of the latest model.

I'm glad the car does not share the same "get outta my way" grille concept as newer cars.

Review Date: 22nd November, 2009

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4Matic 2.6 170bhp from North America

Summary:

I would buy it all over again

Front low beam light bulb went out. Other than that, nothing.

General Comments:

I love this car. Quite comfy, rides great. MPG is very good. I am getting about 27 on the highway.

The 4MATIC AWD is a must where I live.

I do about 400 miles a week driving, and the 170bhp is just enough pep to get on the highway and pass cars.

The interior is wonderful and is like going from day to night compared to my old 2000 C Class. The car has enough room for 4 people to fit.

The sat nav system is great, along with the heated seats. The handling is wonderful as well. I have had Mercedes since 1980's and will continue to buy more. I currently have 4 other Mercedes, but this is the one I use to commute with.

Review Date: 31st October, 2009

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 CDI turbo diesel from Serbia

Summary:

Fascinating

Nothing.

General Comments:

Don't listen to anybody... This car is absolutely FANTASTIC. I'm so pleased for buying and owning this car. I look forward every day to drive it. I think it's even better than the bigger E Class. Much better than an Audi A4 of the same year (I owned one also for six months). Just go for one in silver color facelift.

Review Date: 28th October, 2009

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230K 1.8 Kompressor from Malaysia

Summary:

Good blend of performance and comfort

ABS/ESP warning has occurred three separate times. Each time different sensors or switches were replaced in an attempt to resolve the problem. All work was carried out under warranty, but this has been a known issue with MB for quite some time.

General Comments:

This car has been reliable with the exception of the previous ABS/ESP problem.

Just routine service has been required at the intervals indicated by the on board computer. Oil changes are typically indicated at 20-25,000km as the car is used mostly for highway driving.

First set of tires (Goodyears) were replaced at about 50,000km with Bridgestones.

Wish the car had a few extra power outlets.

It is a good balance of power, handling, and comfort.

Good fuel economy on highway, not so good in city driving.

Review Date: 18th January, 2008

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 1.8 litre from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Excellent

Nothing that I can find.

General Comments:

Mercedes gave me that car as courtesy car for the day when I booked my A190 in for service. WOW, the smoothness and the grunt, got me hooked. hook, line and sinker.

After 2 years, it still put the smile on my face when I drive it, same as my son since the day he got into the car, " Wow! Dad! We HAVE to buy this car."

Got my top speed of 200km/h, no sweat to the car, but me...

That car drives like a charm, solid not heavy like some other cars. Cornering is an enjoyment.

Only thing I dread is servicing time, it hurts.

Other than that, nothing I can fault.

As for petrol, same as my A190. Amazing.

Review Date: 13th November, 2007

13th Dec 2009, 07:28

Take your car to a Mercedes specialist, servicing won't hurt as much, they use excellent parts and all the correct fluids. My one costs me less to service than my friend's Honda Accord euro and my other friend's Mitsubishi 380.

19th May 2011, 01:29

That was a good, short, sweet review.

I have a C200, and I love the car also. It's a great car for what it is. No S-Class, but very nice. I actually catch myself smiling sometimes when I drive it. Love it too.

I can understand coming from an A-Class to a C-Class is a world of difference. My uncle has an A-Class, and I still don't understand why someone working at Mercedes Benz chooses to lease an A-Class... beyond me. But each to their own.

I haven't posted a review yet because I've had mine for only 3.5 weeks, and want to wait a little longer.

PS. As for maintenance etc; I suggest finding a good Mercedes Benz online forum with lots of activity. Then get involved in the discussions. Most of the high active one are USA based.

You'd be amazed how much information is out there. Today I reset a sunroof fault myself, which I would have had to go visit the dealer for otherwise.