2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Reviews - Page 2 of 4

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 1.8 litre from Australia and New Zealand

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 1.8 litre Automatic
Most recent distance32000 kilometres

Summary:

Excellent

Nothing that I can find.

General Comments:

Mercedes gave me that car as courtesy car for the day when I booked my A190 in for service. WOW, the smoothness and the grunt, got me hooked. hook, line and sinker.

After 2 years, it still put the smile on my face when I drive it, same as my son since the day he got into the car, " Wow! Dad! We HAVE to buy this car."

Got my top speed of 200km/h, no sweat to the car, but me...

That car drives like a charm, solid not heavy like some other cars. Cornering is an enjoyment.

Only thing I dread is servicing time, it hurts.

Other than that, nothing I can fault.

As for petrol, same as my A190. Amazing.

Review Date: 13th November, 2007

13th Dec 2009, 07:28

Take your car to a Mercedes specialist, servicing won't hurt as much, they use excellent parts and all the correct fluids. My one costs me less to service than my friend's Honda Accord euro and my other friend's Mitsubishi 380.

19th May 2011, 01:29

That was a good, short, sweet review.

I have a C200, and I love the car also. It's a great car for what it is. No S-Class, but very nice. I actually catch myself smiling sometimes when I drive it. Love it too.

I can understand coming from an A-Class to a C-Class is a world of difference. My uncle has an A-Class, and I still don't understand why someone working at Mercedes Benz chooses to lease an A-Class... beyond me. But each to their own.

I haven't posted a review yet because I've had mine for only 3.5 weeks, and want to wait a little longer.

PS. As for maintenance etc; I suggest finding a good Mercedes Benz online forum with lots of activity. Then get involved in the discussions. Most of the high active one are USA based.

You'd be amazed how much information is out there. Today I reset a sunroof fault myself, which I would have had to go visit the dealer for otherwise.

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor SS 1.8L 4 cylinder Supercharged from North America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 1.8L 4 cylinder Supercharged Semi-Automatic
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Quick, good looking, great gas mileage

Nothing wrong with the car mechanically.

Few cosmetic things, for example:

- Release truck button on driver's side rattled with the music. Dealer replaced for free.

- Radio stopped working for a little while. Dealer updated the software for free.

But the BIGGEST annoyance is, since I have the Harmon Kardon premium sound system, and it has a 8" sub woofer. It rattles the rear hatch like crazy. Even with the bass turned down. It's just a poor design. The dealer said they did all they could do under warranty to fix it (i.e: adding some foam); it helped a little, but it still rattles. The thing is that they KNOW it's a problem, but according to them, they have not come up with a solution.

General Comments:

Other than problems stated above, it's a great little car. Get AWESOME gas mileage. I average about 20-25mpg in city, and 30-38mpg on the highway. It is FASTER than the 2006 and 2007's because of the higher torque in the 4 banger, and because the 5 speed auto on this car is less sluggish than the 7 speed that Benz is using on their new cars. So this car is faster and gets better gas mileage than the 2006 and 2007.

It's a great looking car, and since I have the Orion Blue, it's is very rare in a sea full of silver, black and white C-classes. I have my ipod hooked up to it, it works great. (except for the bass thing).

Although this car is only listed as 189HP and 191lb.f of torque, it delivers just fine on the freeway and city driving. This car FEELS wonderful at high speeds (above 80+) handles nice, comfortable. Although I've been told by passengers that the rear seats are not exactly comfortable on long rides.

Review Date: 6th August, 2007