1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ml320 3.2 from North America

Good Bargin high class suv

The Power Steering line was defective, but was repaired under warranty

The Dunlop Tires wear very Badly 17000 miles and need 4 new tires.

General Comments:

Overall the mercedes Ml 320 is a great SUV.

The Acceleration is great and the transmission is great

The seats are real comfortable and everything works great.

Main thing is if you take car of your ML320 it will do you good forever people that don't take care of it it will cause problems.

Review Date: 11th May, 2004

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 320 from North America

Think twice about the M-class

Front driver's side window will not go up - replaced switch two times.

Weather stripping in passenger's window failed and got glue all over window.

Brake pads and rotors - front and back - replaced by 35000 miles.

Issues with transmission fluid hoses.

Burns oil at ridiculous rate - failed consumption test at dealership.

Tires CONSTANTLY need to have air replaced, but dealership says nothing wrong with tires; finally had dealership replace tires, only to still experience problem.

Both front cup holders broke - cost $180 to replace one piece of plastic in each one!

Left headlight keeps burning out.

General Comments:

This car is the perfect size and fit for my family and handles well. We knew going in that gas mileage would not be great so there is really no disappointment there.

I am most disappointed with the service on this car. Since we got the car, we have had the car serviced regularly, even before the computer said we needed to, and always requested the full service program. Every time we take the car in, the service department finds something else that they "missed" last time or that all of a sudden has to be replaced. Fortunately, most of the work has been covered by warranty (except the brake pads & rotors which we ended up spending about $4000 on). It's almost as if they are "missing" things on purpose so they have major issues later on - I hear the dealerships love the warranty work because it really lines their pockets. Furthermore, their customer service skills are seriously lacking: they are condescending, rude and act as though they don't want us as MB owners. They also act as if we are completely clueless when it comes to cars and they are the only ones with any knowledge.

We have had issues with burning oil and, after we were notified of the class action settlement, we went three visits asking for a consumption test to be run which they conveniently "forgot" about. Finally, they ran the test and it failed. So, they called MBUSA who told them to let the car sit in subzero weather all night and run it again "just to make sure" - guess what... it still failed. Now they are dragging their feet on their responsibilities under the class action suit and say it will take up to three weeks to fix!!! When talking to a dealer about trading the car in for a more recent model, we were asked if we really wanted to stay with a MB, and specifically this class.

Review Date: 9th January, 2004

22nd Jan 2010, 23:03

Wow! I was pretty sure I was going to buy one of these. Never mind. It's too bad, they are beautiful cars. Now I know why they resell so cheap.

8th Jul 2010, 21:34

Hmm, I've had mine for almost 2 years now, and it's running fine, major oil leak on the rear oil filter housing or something, but nothing major... yet... makes me nervous though.

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class from North America

Buy it used and it's worth it. Not the $38,000 list

I knew the original owner ans had the dealership give me the history since new from the computer.

- at 35,000 miles and again at 90,000 miles had the window switch plate replaced.

- a couple sensors and a power steering clamp replaced under warranty or recall.

- at 91,000 check engine light came on - I paid $76 to have them tell me it MIGHT be the EGR for $350 I can find out. Since new uses a qt of oil every 800 miles.

General Comments:

Excellent turning radius. Better than my Acura Legends. Great utility. seats fold down fast for cargo. Fun to drive. Lots of power. Have not had it in the snow yet. Roomy yet doesn't look big. Same cubic feet as a Ford Explorer. Interior still looks new after almost 100,000 miles.

Review Date: 6th September, 2003