Let me start out by saying that this is the first car I've ever owned. The owner before me was a relative who, as far as I know, took proper care of the vehicle.
The main problems I've had with the car, to date:
- MAJOR oil leakage due to broken seals. I have to carry jugs of motor oil with me to refill it on a weekly basis.
- The interior is literally falling apart. The seats are torn up, pieces of fabric from the hood constantly fly into my eyes as I'm driving, and plastic surrounded the front window keeps breaking off.
- The rear windows will roll down, but not back up.
- The front driver window rolls up slowly, and unevenly.
- I've had to replace the battery and it's cables on numerous occasions, more than I've been told is necessary.
- I don't put a lot of miles on the car, yet it seems like I always have to get the alignment done. I've had TONS of flat tires due to this (and I always buy good tires, believe me!).
- The alternator had to be replaced shortly after the car was sold to me. I was driving home from work and the car stalled in the middle of a busy highway (two cars slammed into me, as a result). The previous owner had something short of 70,000 miles on the car, but this was already replaced in his care.
- Air conditioning and heater no longer works, and after all of these other expenses I can't afford to figure out why. It has nothing to do with coolant, I know that.
- The sunroof doesn't work anymore, either.
- The interior AND exterior lights have a habit of either flickering on and off, or buzzing from bright to dim. It's not the battery, and it's not a fuse, and I'm fed up.
- General squeaks, clattering, and sporadic smoking from the engine.