2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

This is the best truck I have ever owned!!

My first repair was the clutch at 180,000 miles.

I replaced the brakes at 185,000 - first time!

General Comments:

I have spent around $450.00 on the clutch and brakes, and $500.00 on tires since 2002.

The A/C failed at 140,000 miles, but I elected not to repair it. It was leaking refrigerant, but the compressor still worked.

The truck keeps on running and running. I don't know what else to say. I'm at 216,000 miles and still counting.

Review Date: 4th November, 2009

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 3.3 V6 from North America

Summary:

Average mid size truck, just a work truck/gets you from A to B, that's it

* Well I bought the truck from a used car dealership, so it may have been the previous owner, even though the car fax report said it was excellent.

* They said it was up to date on all the fluids, so I brought it to a couple places (Rush Motorsports, and Big O Tires). Both of them said it was good and everything worked, so I bought it.

About 4 months (1 month after warranty) I went to Mataguay (2 miles of bumpy road); it's a truck and designed to withstand it. Well after that the radio acted weird, it keeps changing the channel volume, on off, etc at semi random times, like one time I pushed in the gas harder to avoid a car, well it went from track 2 to track 8, and in reverse I turned the wheels left and the volume went all the way up and nearly blasted out the speakers, and a lot of other times too.

* About a week after that, the radiator went out. We all saw how it went out is because the fluid wasn't functioning correctly, so I got it replaced and it works now.

* Like a few other people have posted on this site, it doesn't get very good MPG for a V6. My Malibu got about the same, and it was next to dead. My Mom's Honda gets better obviously because it's a 4 cylinder, but my coach's van gets better and he floors it (Ford V10 E350 van), so I am thinking about getting a 2006 GTO, cause if I'm not gonna get good MPG, then I'd like it to have better speed.

* Well all in all, the 2000 Nissan Frontier is a good truck. I did forget to mention that I did a lot of hauling of wood and heavy objects, like my friend's 454, my 455 and his 350 at the same time, which is pretty good cause those engines aren't light at all.

* I mainly use it for long trips, like 100+ miles, as I am a leader of my scout troop. In mine the top speed on it is 110, it easily got there.

General Comments:

Well with a lack of upgradeable parts, its 6 lug design, and well stock parts/appearance, it's not the truck you get if you want to:

* Go fast, race, or just want some acceleration

* Make it into a tall lifted monster of a truck, you're gonna go really slow, get maybe 5mpg

* Lowering may work, but it's not going to do very well with its horrid suspension.

So it's basically the truck you get if all you do is work. I have the crew cab and it's great.

Oh, and if you do a "burn out" (squeal the tires) your best bet is get the tires dirty or wet. If not, your 90 degree turn/ high rpms are going to destroy your transmission, which is good if you have an extra 6 grand.

For any questions, just email me at booodka@gmail.com, or if you found a place with upgradeable parts for the 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 3.3 SE etc.

Review Date: 28th September, 2008