1992 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Hardbody 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Looking at the entire concept of comfort, utility, and reliability, this is the best

Tranny (due to mechanic not installing pilot bearing when replacing clutch).

Clutch (when I burned it pulling a boat out of the water).

Alternator (twice when it was overworked charging a bad battery).

Head (when an alternator bolt came loose and the water pump wasn't being turned while on a trip).

Radio (the stereo receiver went bad causing a lot of static).

Fuel pump.

HT/A/C fan control (twice).

General Comments:

The best road course pickup I have ever owned. I love to let it drift when on entrance or exit ramps of interstate. High speed cornering is responsive and dependable.

Stopping performance is excellent.

The extension of the cab permits very comfortable driving.

The layout of the mirrors permits quick and easy viewing around the vehicle.

The construction of the undercarriage and the way pipes and wires are connected reflects an appreciation for the interests of the consumer.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2009

1992 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SE King Cab 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Good value

Over the course of this guy's life: 3 starters. Clutch master cylinder. Instrument panel. Rear U-joint.

General Comments:

All in all, a fantastic value. 17 years old and nearly 300K miles. Not the most comfortable or quiet on the road but has held up very well in my estimation. Clutch is now starting to slip. I will put a new one in shortly. Rear main is starting to leak, ditto. I believe I will replace engine and transmission when needed. It is exactly as it appears. Not flash, just functional, and with reasonable economy and has never (not so far, anyway) left me stranded on the road.

Review Date: 24th November, 2008

1992 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4L from North America

Summary:

Dependable econobox

Front brakes, shocks.

General Comments:

I bought this truck because it has a high mpg and reliability rating, and because Nissan is 1000 dollars less than a comparable Toyota.

I have only ran 3 tanks through it, the first two I got 25 mpg mixed driving, running the A/C a lot. Then I ran a tank of premium and didn't use the A/C. Only got 26 mpg. I was surprised that there was virtually no difference with higher octane.

The motor surges a little bit at idle, but is smooth.

I didn't notice it at first, but now I hear a bearing in the transmission, it goes away when I push in the clutch.

This truck handles nice, but is slow on acceleration.

It does cruise nice at highway speed.

The cabin is comfortable with bucket seats, the A/C and heater work great, and fan really blows strong. The only thing is where your foot rests at the gas pedal, the transmission cowling (hump) starts there, which causes your ankle to twist at an angle to press the gas. This becomes painful after a short while on the freeway.

And the three pedals are too close together.

Next small truck I buy, I will look at this aspect of comfort a lot closer.

Review Date: 11th October, 2008

1992 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SE 3.0L V6 4WD VG30E D21 from North America

Summary:

This truck is amazing!

Starter two times (Both my fault, spilled oil from the filter on it, and second time stripped the wire and shorted it.)

Minor surface rust on the bed and rear frame.

General Comments:

I have lifted it and I use it for on and off road! I have never found a spot on Gods green earth that can get me stuck!

Paint has lasted for 14 years with minor fading!

Motor does not/has not burnt oil and the oil always looks the same as when I put it in!

Review Date: 3rd August, 2006

1992 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4L from North America

Summary:

This is an awesome truck and I am looking for a pathfinder same yr because of my satisfaction

Rotors warp fast in AZ heat (2 yrs)

Water pump replaced (in AZ again)

Transmission rebuilt (I down-shift more than breaking)

Seat replaced after 190000.

Gas mileage down to 28mpg (was over 36 hwy when purchased)

General Comments:

Most reliable truck.

COLD AIR, never recharged! most important fact for AZ.

Hauls way more than rated.

2wd great on hwy (with toneau cover)

Review Date: 10th May, 2006