1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Reviews

1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4L from North America

Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 2.4L Manual
Previous carNissan Hardbody Pickup

Summary:

Love the D21... Great truck

Clutch was replaced at 212,000 miles.

Replaced muffler and pipe at 370,000.

Transmission overhauled at 390,000 miles.

Fuel pump replaced at 396,000 miles.

General Comments:

This Nissan still runs like a sewing machine. I drive it everyday, and it still runs like the day I bought it.

Review Date: 15th October, 2012

1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup King Cab 4 x 2 2.4L from North America

Year of manufacture1993
First year of ownership1993
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 2.4L Automatic
Previous carNissan Pickup

Summary:

It is the most reliable vehicle that I have ever seen!

Nothing, other than routine maintenance items! (the original battery exploded with no warning when the truck was 5 years old, but once we cleaned up the mess and replaced the battery, there was no problem.)

Now, after 17 years, the headliner is coming down, and the gasket between the windshield and the headliner is falling off. The paint also looks a bit worn, but it looked great for at least the first 15 years.

General Comments:

This truck, while rather basic, has been reliable transportation for the last 17 years. It gets about 23 miles per gallon. It is not the most exciting thing to drive, but it is a solid vehicle. It still runs like the day I bought it new!!!

I have had it serviced by my Nissan dealer since new, and they have always kept the truck running well.

This truck has been worth every penny that I paid for it!

Review Date: 29th March, 2011

1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup XE Standard Cab 2.4L ka24e from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4L ka24e Manual

Summary:

Couldn't have asked for a better first car

Replaced the starter 2x, transmission (16, learning how to drive...) Actually replaced tranny with that of an '89, digital speed sensor to analog was a bit tricky, gear teeth didn't match up.

General Comments:

Frame is rusting through (Thanks, Illinois winters) near the front wheels, concerning. Drove it from Saint Louis, MO to Portland, OR in the hottest part of the summer with no A/C, packed to the GILLS with my whole life. Best road trip ever.

Review Date: 26th March, 2010

26th Jun 2012, 17:51

I purchased my truck with 66,000 miles on it. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I have had to replace routine wear items that go bad over the life of the truck. I am now at the 208,000 mile mark, and I will get many more.

Mileage is 22-23 MPG, which is not great, but fantastic when you compare it to the actual cost per mile.

I am in process of replacing the original hoses and thermostat and the three v-belts. The best thing I did was replace the shocks at the 200,000 mile mark. Fantastic control. I trashed the steel wheels for alloy. The steel wheels had a tendency to warp.

I will not sell this truck. Where could I get one as good?

17th Aug 2012, 12:38

My truck had around 45,000 miles when I bought it. Other than routine maintenance, I have had absolutely no problems at all. I have never had a better quality vehicle in my life, and at 57 years old, I have had many. At over 220,00 miles now, this thing runs as good as the day I bought it, and I thank the lord I bought it every time I drive it.

It may not be as big as a full size, but it is very comfortable, and I will not even consider buying a Detroit built car after having this thing. It is without a doubt the gift that just keeps on giving, and I bless the day I bought it!

1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4 L4 from North America

First year of ownership1995
Engine and transmission 2.4 L4 Manual
Previous carMazda B2200

Summary:

Absofreakinglutely bulletproof

Wax kit at around 150,000 miles. Caused a high idle. I think it may need another one soon.

Driver's visor broke twice.

Speedometer intermittent.

I think the lifters may be worn, as thin oil causes a little valve tick. 20w50 is the cure, for now anyway.

General Comments:

I've heard the 5-speed manual transmissions will go 500,000 miles if you service them with synthetic oil. I bought this truck new in 1995 and ran Mobil 1 in the crankcase from about the 5,000 mile mark. Words can't describe how bulletproof these OBD1 Hardbody pickups are. They require almost nothing and never let you down.

Review Date: 19th February, 2009

5th Aug 2009, 23:21

I like my 94 hard body, but at 240,000 k my mileage is outrageous!