1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup XE King Cab 4x4 Nissan 4 Cylinder from North America

Summary:

Frikin' Awesome Truck!

Nothing really. The truck was given to me already with 87849 miles by my dad today. Occasionally, the emergency brake sticks.

General Comments:

It's a very good truck. It has a quality motor, good acceleration, good power, good fuel economy, OVERALL A GOOD TRUCK!

Review Date: 30th November, 2008

1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup King Cab XE 3.0 from North America

Summary:

This truck has a cheap, unreliable, unsafe frame

I bought this Truck as a work truck in 2006. It's a Nissan Truck with 73K original miles... great truck for my purposes, right? Wrong! The frame is so badly rusted that it won't pass inspection. Also, The exhaust is rusted out so badly that it cost me $400 to enable me to put a new oxygen sensor on it. The mechanic that fixed my exhaust problem said that my frame is garbage and if it was him, he wouldn't even bother fixing the exhaust. Recently, Toyota trucks from this same year have been having frame problems that aren't nearly as severe as the Nissan frame problems. Toyota has agreed to buy back these trucks at Blue Book value plus 75%. Nissan should do the same for selling such an inferior product.

General Comments:

Don't waste your time buying any Nissan that's more than a couple of years old. They have good engines, but they're rust buckets. My 6-cylinder only gets about 15MPG and it has little power.

Review Date: 10th July, 2008

7th Aug 2008, 21:28

I have a 94 Nissan pickup with the same problem. Engine still runs great, but the frame is in such bad shape that I can't even attach an aftermarket hitch to it. I'm afraid it will tear right through if I try to pull any weight! The only thing keeping the bed together is the plastic liner, which was part of the problem in the first place. Nissan needs to take responsibility for there product and follow Toyota's example. I still have my Nissan, but I bought an 06 Tacoma this year because I saw that they stand behind there product!

21st Dec 2008, 18:19

I think the problem in more likely where you live. Nissan frames are way more stout than a Toyota. The frames have always been heavier and fully boxed unlike cheapo Toyota. Toyota bought back those trucks because there were so many of them failing. I have had both trucks numerous times and each time I go back to Nissan. Heavier duty and better mechanics all around. World class V-6, bullet proof 4 cyl and none of the head gasket problems that Toyotas always have.. Toyotas are fine trucks, but they are waaaaay overrated.

26th Jan 2011, 23:15

Why did you buy a truck with a rusted frame in the first place? Duh.

8th Nov 2011, 20:32

Great call! I was wondering the same thing.

5th Aug 2012, 23:46

That's funny! LOL! My 1994 Nissan frame is as solid as it was in 1994. That's part of the Hard Body package. Arizona doesn't usually have problems with rust though!

17th Aug 2012, 12:56

I live in Washington state, and instead of salt, they use sand or gravel out here. My 1994 frame is in damn near mint condition. I don't have any hint of a rust problem, and would not hesitate to put anything within reason on my hitch.

Overall this truck is a fricking tank, and as tough as nails. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

1994 Nissan Hardbody Pickup XE 3.6 liter V6 from North America

Summary:

Runs great, but quirky

Seats are wearing.

Fan clutch at 120k.

Leak in the fuel line 130k.

Complete brake job 127k.

Electrical problems.

General Comments:

The truck has good power, runs smooth, and gets about 20 mpg when well tuned.

It's a good truck overall, but mine and a friends 94 have both had electrical ghosts. The tail lights and dash lights short out together, and the high beams don't work, never really have since I got it.

I never had any of these problems with my '93 four banger.

Review Date: 9th June, 2008