Well, let's see:
I bought the car used, but so was my previous car (which is still trouble free after all these years). About the Nissan Sunny however:
1) As soon as I bought it, after 2 weeks, there was a petrol leak from the hose of the petrol filter.
2) Two months after purchase, the clutch disc needed replacing as it became worn out.
3) 1 year after purchase, the wheel switch that turns on the lights and controls the left/right indicators needed replacing.
4) 6 months after purchase, the car started leaking oil. Mechanic says it can be fixed, but after a few months the same oil leak will re-occur.
5) The oil in the engine immediately becomes very black, even right after being drained and replaced.
6) 1 year after purchase, the car was exhausting black smoke: this was a problem with the automatic air intake control of the car, so a mechanic disabled it altogether.
7) 1 year after purchase, the air conditioning gas became empty.
8) 1 year after purchase, both front shock absorbers needed replacing.
9) Even from purchase, there is a knocking sound coming from the back suspension. Dealer replaced for new ones, but the sound never went away.
10) The reservoir cooling fluid disappears after a few weeks of driving.
11) The car pulls to the right, even though it has new tyres.
I absolutely hate this car, but I bought it for my wife (who is a new driver) so she did a couple of fender benders so far and broke the door mirror once...
At least I got for a good price back then (1500 CYP) and the car is steady on the road and feels safe and solid (the car is very heavy, around 1200KG).