1995 Oldsmobile Aurora Reviews - Page 2 of 14

Engine and transmission 4.0 V8 *AWESOME* Automatic
Distance when acquired120000 miles
Most recent distance195000 miles
Previous carPontiac Grand Am

Summary:

Best car you could ever buy in your life!!!

Had to have the compressor fixed a while ago.

Needed only one brake caliper; that was $150.

CD player and tape player don't work, but radio does.

Replaced fuel line.

Most everything else is good.

General Comments:

I absolutely love this car!!!

It's the best car I have ever owned (and that's been QUITE a few).

It's so comfortable and yet so powerful. I race people on the highways and always win. It's just an all-around awesome car.

Review Date: 26th June, 2008

30th Jun 2008, 17:44

The Aurora is an excellent car. I have a 2001 4.0. Thanks to the Big Dummies at GM, we'll never be able to get a new one again.

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora Autobahn package 4.0 from North America

Year of manufacture1994
First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership2000
Previous carChrysler Newyorker

Summary:

I loved that car!

First year model nitpicky things: horn, leaky window, cruise control, rattles, all repaired under warranty.

Ate tires.

General Comments:

I loved this car so much! It was candy apple red! A real head turner.

My dear husband gave it to my daughter-in-law and bought me a newer 1999 white (bla) one. Daughter-in-law divorced us, red car is gone and the 1999 has been a piece of junk!!!

Review Date: 9th June, 2008

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora from North America

Previous carOldsmobile Cutlass

Summary:

Frustrating and expensive

The A/C compressor went out. Put a new one in and the dealership notified me that I needed a water pump belt and serpentine belt. I noticed a sizzling noise coming from the dash board and instrument panel. Asked the dealership to check and they said it was normal.

The oil pressure would drop when driving. Asked the dealership mechanic what the correct level was and if it was okay to drive. I was not given a clear response.

Now the problem has been electrical and what a nightmare. I have had 3 new batteries, the ignition module replaced, the key chip wasn't being read by the computer. Had to have the alternator replaced because something inside was draining the battery. Now it is something else draining the battery and I am totally lost as to what to do. I have put $2500.00 into this car since Sept 2007.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2008

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 from North America

Previous carOldsmobile Ciera

Summary:

AWESOME!

Drivers side pwr locks not working.

Lumbar seat adjustment on driver's door not working.

Floor under battery rusted through.

Driver's side window off track.

General Comments:

Outstanding car, bought it for my 16 yr old daughter wanting big car w/airbags for safety under 5k. car has very low miles for age. hope does well for few years for her/us before anything major happens. may never happen but odds are things will. I think I really think I bought it for me, it is one of the best looking cars next to older model corvettes I've ever seen.

Review Date: 19th March, 2008

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora from North America

Most recent year of ownership2002
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

A wallet busting nightmare!

The computer failed.

Transmission would lurch into gear. Other transmission problems.

Air conditioning failed.

Various other problems that the new owner agreed to deal with (thank God!).

General Comments:

From transmission problems due to a $2.00 part that would take $1000.00s of dollars in labor to reach, to wiring and computer gremlins, this was the worst wallet busting POS I ever had by far. I should have known that I had a unreliable vehicle when I started getting followed by tow trucks.

Seriously, take the reviews here to heart. Want more proof of how bad this car is, go to automotiveforums.com. This car was not a big seller comparatively. But look at the number and seriousness of the problems described there, as compared to other cars. Oldsmobile deserved to bite the dust with this crapper.

If only the car were reliable. I never had a car with a better combination of comfort, performance, and amenities. I should have known there was something wrong with this car when I bought one in pristine condition with only 26,000 miles for only $6000.00. From now on, as a result, I will always look into the reliability of any car I buy. Goodbye Oldsmobile and good riddance. If GM doesn't get their act together, they might be heading for the same fate.

Review Date: 16th August, 2007

16th Aug 2007, 14:58

I am not surprised to read about all the trouble you had with that 1995 Aurora. All Aurora fans know that the 1995 Aurora was a terrible lemon, simply because of the fact that it was a totally new design of car for Olds, and that always causes all sorts of problems.

I myself did not want to buy the first year's Aurora, because I knew that it would be bad. I have a 2001, which has been excellent.