1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Reviews - Page 7 of 7

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Fully loaded V8 DOHC from North America

Year of manufacture1997
Engine and transmission V8 DOHC Automatic
Previous carFord Expedition

Summary:

Top shelf, posh and a loveable ride

Nothing, this car is a dream.

General Comments:

The 1997 aurora I have recently purchased has really pleased me. I enjoy having it beyond words. It rides on rails and I feel like a king when I drive it. GM have lost their minds (this isn't the first time) for dumping the Oldsmobile name.

Review Date: 15th August, 2002

18th Sep 2002, 22:18

If you love this car so much why wouldn't you buy another Oldsmobile? I have a 88 Cutlass SUpreme and then I bought another on 94 and love both of them and would still, but another oldsmobile product.

19th Jun 2004, 15:00

I know why he wouldn't buy another Oldsmobile.. because the aurora has its own singularity unlike any other Oldsmobile... i have a 97 aurora black... i love it more than anything else.. I won't let anyone drive it besides me, i was rammed by a Chevy pick up in the front rite wheel... only bent the metal around the wheel, but the truck was mangled... i love auroras, but I wouldn't ever buy another Oldsmobile.

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 V8 250hp from North America

Year of manufacture1997
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 4.0 V8 250hp Automatic
Most recent distance82000 kilometres
Previous carGMC Safari

Summary:

King's luxury inside, all sports car under the hood

Trim on the side of the door came loose.

Hood used to rattle when you hit 120km/h.

Almost totalled in an accident, needed whole a new front end, everything, alignment, hoses pumps. A/C, etc. $16,000 worth of repairs, both airbags blew each costed $5,000 a piece.

General Comments:

What performance, runs excellent, very powerful.

Absolute luxury on the inside, but under the hood is 100% sports car. Can run 100 km/h at 2000 rpm. Accelerates great, very safe car, a lot of safety features, expensive for tires ($250 each).

Engine can last 500,000 kms if maintained, my son who is 15 maintains it well, I would rather buy a this 1997 car for 21,000 than any brand new car for the same price, a lot of car for the money.

Review Date: 5th January, 2001

9th Jan 2002, 14:29

No air bag would cost 5,000.00, maybe 500 - 1,000.