1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Reviews - Page 2 of 6

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible 3.1 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Previous carOldsmobile Calais

Summary:

When I die, I would like to be buried in my car!

The top needs replacing.

General Comments:

I have wanted this car since I was a teenager, and now I finally own one!

I bought a 1995 Cutlass Convertible, Triple White. White top, white body and white leather interior, with the 3.1 engine, and it runs and drives like new.

The body is in like new shape, but the top is not so great.

I only paid $600 dollars for the car, so I could not have gone wrong. The elderly lady that owned it took very good care of it, and she always had it serviced, proven by the service records she gave me with the car, so even though it came with 130k on it, I was not a bit afraid of plopping down the cash.

I have tried to locate parts, and have had no luck at all finding them.

I really like the comfort level of the car, and the creature comforts are nice and well appointed in my opinion.

I am however looking for an owners manual and the boot that cover the top when down. Ideally I would like to find a white one, but any color will do the job. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do for finding these items, or parts in general, please feel free to contact me via email at sickofny2009@yahoo.com.

Review Date: 26th June, 2010

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 from North America

First year of ownership2009
Previous carLincoln Continental

Summary:

This is an absolutely fine car

None.

General Comments:

Car is solid, stable and a pleasure to drive.

1995 was the first and last year made with the new dash and instrument panel, which was a great improvement over the 1992-1994 models.

I am 70 years old and have owned a convertible ever since I was 16 years old. I can honestly say without reservation that the 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible is the finest and most enjoyable to drive. Guess I have been lucky because I have had no trouble of any sort with this car.

So comfortable! Often when cruising with the top down, I get favorable unsolicited comments from passers by. I think the 1995 model will be a treasured collector car someday.

Review Date: 4th June, 2010

4th Jun 2010, 18:22

"This is an absolutely fine car"

- It's too bad that the Big Dummies at GM didn't realize that!

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertiable 3.4 from North America

Previous carChrysler LeBaron

Summary:

Great car for the right price

Top leaks near 2 back windows (it's a year old), it burns gas like it's going out of style, the transmission holds gears longer than needed causing it to skip or jump into the next gear, the power windows have a mind of their own, and on occasion it makes odd noises that just disappears.

General Comments:

It's sporty & fun. For a FWD car it hauls when you ask it too. Overall it has been a VERY reliable car with minor repairs needed thus far. The car just seems to have a mind of it's own, but with no serious problems. The interior is comfy, looks nice and provides enough room. If Oldsmobile made a newer model I'd buy it.

Review Date: 17th September, 2006

17th Sep 2006, 18:34

"If Oldsmobile made a newer model I'd buy it."

- You can't do that anymore, no thanks to the GREAT BRAINS at GM who did away with Olds.

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL 3.1 V6 from North America