7th May 2008, 05:57

I am using Perodua Kembara DVVT Auto year 2003. Fuel.

Consumption RM 76.00 = 380 KM. Quite high.

Its size make it easy to park especially small space car park.

9th May 2008, 01:37

Wohooo! The new Kembara Nautica (Naughty Car hehe) is here at last! 2 years late, so I hope it's gonna be worth the wait.

Fully imported (CBU) from Japan 1.5K cc as per expected. Check it out at Paultan.org.

23rd Jul 2008, 20:43

Hi all.

Intending to buy a Kembara 01/02. How is the fuel consumption and general car performance.

I heard that the Kembara's without DVVT has high fuel consumptions?

Thanx

5th Aug 2008, 02:13

Better buy Kembara with DVVT.

Already 3 years, my Kembara DVVT is execellence.. no hassle, low maintenance, low fc. My first trial plus minus 600km full fuel tank. Later on, around over than 550km per full fuel tank. The way I'm driving, I confidently says Kembara save me a lot on fuel and maintenance compare to my first car Wira. Same 1.3 cc.

30th Oct 2008, 10:08

My Kembara Manual EX is at 170K++ now. Just changed all the tyres. It is still one of the best car I have driven. Fuel consumption is good (maybe it is a manual model). Many people claimed that Kembara is a petrol guzzler. They are all automatic transmission models. Manual vVehicles are ok. Yo Kembara!

31st Oct 2008, 01:43

I am a proud owner of a Manual Perodua Kembara. Good and reliable vehicle. I was wondering anyone of you have any experience on the new Perodua Nautica...???

30th Oct 2010, 19:16

My Kembara CT Elegance reached 100,000km and is still running good. Had a few wear and tear glitches in the past, but all is fixed.

I also experience the jerking while gear changing, and after pulling my gear box apart (costs a bomb), they found out it was due to a short circuit and also a wire broke off. My gear box was also leaking, and recently the bottom of my lube tank leaked! Had to spend another RM200 to fix it or change the whole tank (god bless).

But all in all, the Kembara is still a nice car to drive around, especially in frequently flooded areas in KL.

23rd Oct 2011, 06:27

I just took over my father in law's Kembara. Great car. Quite comfortable compared to my previous 'potong' car. God speed Kembara...

16th Jan 2012, 09:30

Just bought second hand CT Kembara. Feels not bad, and now the air conditioning has a problem, needs repairing, but anyway, it's a good car, although the fuel consumption is quite high.

21st Apr 2014, 23:54

I use a Kembara too. I put in RM 70.00 and can go to 400 km. I am using 17 inch sport rims too. Maybe service it or set back your injection.

24th Jul 2016, 11:45

Could someone please give me an approximate price of servicing for the Perodua Kembara 2005 (if the car has no problems etc).

26th Aug 2016, 14:32

When car is bght NEW NOT much to service afd d guarantee PERIOD........All it needed to do, to cut cost is to go to the Perodua Centre, buy the semi Syntectic Engine Oil as stipulated and the Oil Filter which has to be replaced every time you change Oil ..... then armed with the 'ingredients' u go to a any ordinary Motorcar Service shop tell them to change the Oil Filter and Engine Oil and they only charge abt RM5/6.00...... Occasionally (usually afd a long period or at any time u wish or you can ask them(or u yrself)to take out the dry air-filter to BLOW it clean(even at any bicycle shop pressure air pump), also you can ask them to clean up the spark plugs and re-gap(close up the gap as long usage of sparking has widen them/or change to a new set according to booklet specs. !)and if done by the motorcar shop they will only charge u very cheap say RM5/6.00 for taking out and servicing........ rest of the maintenance like checking the Battery(nowadays battery r completely seal, so maintenance needed), brake oil tyre-pressure r relatively EZZY to check/maintain,,, if cannot do then send to any motor workshop and it won't cost a bomb...by d way NVR wash yr car with soap or soap powder solution as the window sills/inside will eventually RUST....happy car keeping/deriving!