1995 Plymouth Neon Highlines 2.0L from North America
After all parts was changed, the vehicle could run good, I wished I never bought that vehicle.
1) Engine leaked oil since I bought the car, and it never stopped, I didn't fix it because it caused too much $800, the car was worth $3000 at that time. The good thing is you don't have to change oil regularly, all you have to do is to add some when it needed.
2) The water pump and timing belt had to be changed at 173000 KM.
3) The fuel pump had to be changed at 181000 KM.
4) The "Check Engine" light had to stay on for every 8 months, but it would off automatically after couple of months.
5) The rotor was broken around 168000 KM.
6) The shocks in the back I replaced twice in two years.
7) The exhaust doesn't work well since I bought the car, I never passed a single emission test.
8) The compressor of Air conditioner was broken around 191000 KM.
The acceleration is nuts, I got all kinds of vehicles almost kissed in my back when the traffic light turns green. Every tank of gasoline (around 35L), I could run 260 KM in winter time on local traffic. I figured that's abnormal.
The vehicle was dead on the street for 5 or 6 times in the first year I owned it. The problems were: Battery, water pump&timing belt, rotor, fuel pump.
The good thing is it doesn't have any problems yet since 200000 KM except oil-leaking still.
The sound system is good, I installed a CD player, and I enjoyed very much.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 22nd March, 2005