1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3.8 from North America

Summary:

My Bonneville is the Yoda of cars

Hard for me to explain, the thing where the spark plugs go, not the engine, was leaking green stuff.

General Comments:

This car is nothing short of amazing. I bought it at the price of 550. The body isn't so hot anymore, but it drives well. I drive it hard, I do 75 to 80 every time I get in it, and it knows how to get up.

I am very impressed how it hasn't had any major problems with it, the only thing was the transmission and the previous owner had it fixed. But other than that, it is a great car to have.

It preforms when it is supposed to, and you do it in comfort.

Ohh by the way, did I mention it's 18 years old! Like me! I must say that it does have a certain presence to it. Like it's one of these rare cars that demands some type of attention. Well done Pontiac.

Review Date: 16th September, 2008

16th Sep 2008, 14:23

"My Bonneville is the Yoda of cars"

- Who the heck is Yoda?

16th Sep 2008, 16:48

WOW!! Congrats on your first car. It caught my eye because my first car was the same age as me too. I was 16 and so was it. That was a LONNNNG time ago!! I just turned 60!!

I love Pontiacs and have a mint 2001 Grand Am with slight modifications that makes it a real screamer for a basic compact. My family also has a 53-year-old Pontiac with over a quarter of a million miles. It's been restored and is now used basically for shows and parades. I hope you enjoy yours. The '90 Bonneville was a real tank. They'll last forever.

1990 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L from North America

Summary:

This car is a great, reliable car and cheap to maintain

So far nothing major has gone wrong with the car at all. When I got it, it needed an oil change and power steering fluid.

I had to replace the driver's side headlight due to a pheasant flying in front of me while driving. I thought the cost for the replacement part was reasonable. It gets 8-9 mpg more than my former truck did.

General Comments:

I recommend this vehicle to whomever likes the luxurious feel at low cost. I was really amazed at how much this car has to offer for extras: all the seat controls, the function control on the steering wheel, and the biggest surprise to me was the air compressor in the truck, I haven't had to use it yet so I don't even know if it works. All in all I am very happy with my decision to purchase this car.

Review Date: 27th March, 2008

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L V6 pre-series I from North America

Summary:

Cannot go wrong for the price

Well to start off it squeaks pretty loud at freeway speeds.

My water pump went up, luckily it was a cheap replacement and I did the work myself so no labor costs.

I wouldn't say its gone wrong, but the power seat controls are in a less than ideal position, makes it kind of hard to find a comfortable seat position, because my legs, and the fold of my pant legs sometimes hit the controls when I enter or egress.

General Comments:

Motor has a lot of torque and you can still feel it in the seat of your pants.

Handles surprisingly well despite its weight.

Great highway cruiser, with lots of space inside and room for luggage.

V-6 is bulletproof.

Review Date: 20th November, 2007

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8 from Switzerland

Summary:

One of GM's greatest cars ever

Alternator and water pump blew at 180000 km

ABS hydraulic pump blew at 190000 km.

None major problems in the past 17 years.

General Comments:

My dad bought the Bonneville in 1990 as new car.

The car performs excellent, Driving comfort is superb.

The space on the backseat is great, comfort on second row could be better.

Average mileage is 23 mpg, not bad for a 17 year old car.

All electrical options as power seats or mirrors are still operating fine.

The Bonneville's styling is exciting, compared to its european competitors (BMW 5, Mercedes E) of the same age.

Review Date: 14th August, 2007