1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3.8 Fuel Injection from North America

1990 Bonneville LE, a solid, dependable, comfy cruiser!

Windshield wiper motor and circuit board had to be replaced.

Light doesn't come on when you open the driver's side door.

Air conditioning does not cool anymore, but I am sure it can be fixed if desired. Living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula AC is not much of an issue!

General Comments:

Purchased this car from an elderly woman last July for $1,500 and it seems to have been a very good decision. I love this car! This is my first Pontiac Bonneville and I would purchase another of these without hesitation.

Both exterior and interior of the vehicle are in great condition.

Vehicle has been very reliable during the sub zero winter weather, starting up right away.

Factory cassette player sounds good, a portable CD adapter has worked well too.

This car is so solid and comfy, a great car for hitting the road and cruising. I would feel comfortable driving this vehicle anywhere and hope that it will take to the road for many more miles!

Review Date: 3rd February, 2005

4th Feb 2005, 23:52

That car is gonna last you forever. Wish I'd never sold mine. When I sold it, it had 220,000 miles on the original motor, never overhauled. and I just saw it the other day in a parking lot. Its STILL going. Mine was a '90..what a great car.

25th Apr 2010, 17:04

I have to get rid of my 1990 at 340 000 km. The frame is rusted and the body is crumbling. I am distraught. This was THE best car ever. The power is amazing. Her name is Baby and I will never forget her! She is a killer.

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3.8 V6 from North America

One of the best cars in the market

I had a few tire blow outs.

My headliner is drooping, but that is typical of this year and of my climate.

My engine has some oil on the valve covers, but that is also just because it's an old car.

The seats are warn down, but again due to age.

The steering coulomb was broken and replaced with an Oldsmobile one (it was the dealerships fault).

Air conditioning is busted, but I like rolling down the windows anyways. Oh and the windows are kinda slow now too.

General Comments:

Talk about a great car. This thing has plenty of power and torque coming out of its bulletproof 3.8 V6. It can get you up to speed quite fast and it handles very well for a car of its size.

Sure its lost some of its power over the years, but what would you expect from a 14 year old car.

This car is very roomy and very comfortable. Since I live in Wisconsin it has some rust, but that is to be expected. The headliner is drooping, but it is a problem that happens to a lot of General Motors cars so no real gripe here.

It is a tank of a can that get pretty good gas mileage and is a natural born cruiser.

It has cruise control, air conditioning, power driver seat, power windows, power locks, and other goodies.

It has lots of room for modification and can really be turned into more of a street machine than it already is.

I love this car and I could keep going on and on about how awesome this car is, but I'm sure you can do a search for various clubs associated with this car.

Review Date: 2nd December, 2004

25th Jan 2008, 10:08

I have a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville, it has 259,789 miles on it with the original engine and transmission. I love it. I only paid $700 for it in 2007. I've had no problems with it except for the power windows being slow, and the paint has faded. After 18 years, that old 3.8 liter engine still has plenty of power. I look forward to my next Pontiac. I like the new Pontiac G6. I want one of those.

25th Jan 2008, 17:42

I loved my 1990 Bonneville LE... the hood also lost its clear coat, but the rest of the silver coat was great. And the headliner drooped needed replaced. But it handled really great, loved the instruments, and I did not mind not having the A/C charged.

I had a new stereo CD put in with the original factory speakers, which sounded great. I sold it at 150,000 miles a few years ago and actually miss driving it at times, even now, owning a new GM SUV because of its great handling.

The Bonneville was a go to work car; a commuter that never stranded me. I liked the driving position of the Bonneville more than other large cars of its size. The last I saw it was being driven regularly on long commutes as I did; and the person who bought it from me was very happy with it.

I also had a 1990 Pontiac 6000LE, which was great as well...