1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8 TPI V6 from North America

Summary:

Reliable in all aspects including very reliable in leaving those import tuners in the dust

After 13 years, the CD player died. I decided to install a new one, unfortunately I lost the steering wheel controls.

The left blinker does not turn off by itself.

ABS was faulty after 11 years, I added high performance cross drilled rotors instead.

Changed the alternator, AC, hub assembly etc., nothing major.

General Comments:

It's running on the same engine and transmission and gets better with age. The car will accelerate like a monster, even on an 11 percent grade.

I had a Merkur in the 80s, that was a bad car, and even with the Turbo and RWD, not as quick as well balanced as this. It's no slouch, but it's also not a Porsche.

Why do I keep it? Why not. I drive it in bad weather and when I need to go shopping.

When I bought it, all my friends were buying Maxima SEs or 525i's. I wanted something different and the dealer did not have a black on black SSE or SSEi, so I got a SE. Still beautiful.

My main car is a 2001 Porsche Boxster.

Review Date: 17th November, 2005

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L 170 hp V6 from North America

Summary:

Awesome

My Ignition Switch Module fried out.

Timing Belt needed to be replaced (regular maintenance).

General Comments:

This car is awesome. Its got tons of room inside, even with driver and 4 passengers. The seats are very comfortable and they feel like you're on a couch while you're driving. It handles well and it is pretty quick. It doesn't switch into the last gear until you're doing about 90-95 mph. I drive everywhere with it in Overdrive, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything leaving it on so long. Mine has almost 190,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. No major problems yet, I love her. I even have mine with a new paint job, chrome rims, and a sound system.. :)

Review Date: 24th March, 2005

23rd Jul 2005, 10:36

Yeah I agree with how much room there is. I just bought mine like a month ago and its still going strong. Mine has 157000 on it, and guess what it still drives and sounds like its new.

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 3.8 3.8 V6 Supercharged from North America

Summary:

Comfortable and reliable powerhouse

Well to start with, sometimes the battery and oil pressure gauges don't work. They will stay "frozen" after you turn vehicle on.

Another thing that was broken when I purchased the vehicle was the switch for the overhead display; the overhead display works great, but I cannot adjust the position of the display itself.

General Comments:

I love the car. Besides the gas mileage it gets with the large powerful engine, there in nothing to dislike in the vehicle.

Review Date: 25th November, 2004

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8 from North America

Summary:

I plan to customize my Bonnie

Needed front-end work.

Also, needed a tune-up.

General Comments:

The car gets decent gas mileage for its size.

Review Date: 21st October, 2004

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

I think the car has plenty of power, but also has the handling ability of a smaller car.

When I first got the car at 50,000 miles the Heads Up Display adjuster broke, and had to take it to the dealership to get fixed.

The tires also had to be replaced at 50,000 miles.

General Comments:

The car has great acceleration, and handles well.

The interior is very well laid out with everything within a fingers reach.

I'm 6' 4" tall and there is enough room for me to be comfortable and the passengers have plenty of leg room in the rear seats.

Review Date: 17th September, 2004

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

If I died I would want the car to go with me.

So far nothing to serious that went wrong.

Just had to fix up the car from the previous owns.

General Comments:

The car is great to own and has the pick up and go still. My dad had a 1990 Bonnie SSE, but things where going wrong because of the previous owners. The only thing I got to say that I am seriously thinking about staying with the Bonnie for a long while now.

Review Date: 1st September, 2004

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

A heavy performance car with comfort

Nothing real serious has gone wrong with it in the year that I have had it.

The exterior is in great shape, as well as the interior.

The only problem that I have with the car is keeping tread on the tires!

General Comments:

I love this car, and would recommend it to anybody and everybody.

Right now my bonnie is 16,000 miles overdue for an oil change, and it still runs like I just drove it off the lot.

My car screams to 60 m.p.h. in 6-7 sec.

Which is awesome for a car that weighs 4500 pounds.

Unfortunately it is governed at @118mph.

Review Date: 22nd July, 2004