1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 3.8 s/c from North America

Summary:

Fast, fun and comfortable, but sometimes expensive to keep running

The supercharger has gone out several times, you must run high-octane fuel, still having other problems with engine, replacement parts for it are also very expensive.

General Comments:

When its running right, this car is awesome. It will beat any honda in a race. Mine has every imaginable option and is soo much fun to drive. Very comfortable to ride in, handles great, accelerates amazingly, goes fast. As long as its running, great car, but it can be very expensive to keep running right.

Review Date: 23rd February, 2008

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L V6 from North America

Summary:

The Bonneville is a great car, very underrated in my opinion

Heater core started to leak at about 180000 miles. It was relatively easy to replace. Cost was about $30.00 at the local Advance Auto.

The engine has a tendency to stall when I make a right hand turn, such as when exiting off of a freeway onto one of the exit loops. It only does this if the tank is about half full or less. The closer the tank gets to the 1/4 mark the worse it gets. It only does this for a right had turn, turning left it doesn't do it at all. I suspect this is a problem with the fuel pick-up in the tank?? I have always just topped off the tank whenever it started to get near the 1/2 mark.

General Comments:

I bought the car about 9 months ago and have gotten great service from it. Other than a quirk with an occasional engine stall during right hand turns, I have had no problems with the car at all.

The 3.8 V6 is surprisingly powerful in a car this big. It has plenty of acceleration and passing power, and it will cruise all day on the Interstate at 70 MPH and still get 24 - 25 MPG.

I really like the car and was quite upset when I got rear ended earlier this week on the way home from work. The estimate for the damage is $2150.00 so, it is probably totaled.

I will definitely try and find another early to mid 90's Bonneville to replace it.

Review Date: 2nd February, 2008

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 3.8 Supercharged V6 from North America

Summary:

Just a all around amazing car

Nothing. This car is a rock. Other than my Supercharger making a little noise, and needing at least 91 octane gas, it's a total BRICK.

General Comments:

The car is all around a excellent car. Definitely one of the best cars GM ever built in the 90's. It has crap loads of power for being only 205hp, but the low end power is absolutely astonishing. With the traction control off, it has so much torque steer, I LOVE it. I plan to modify it and make it a beast. Thank you GM! I owned a '94 SSEi before this, and it too was a excellent car. For being large cars, they sure can get up and go. I recommend anyone that is looking for a large car with performance, go for a SSEi, you will not be dissatisfied. Yes, it may have it's perks like other cars, but in the end, it pays for itself in fun and comfort. :)

Review Date: 27th June, 2007

17th Jul 2007, 08:22

Can anyone tell me what could be causing the problem on a 92' bonneville SSEi, if it keeps cutting off when I am driving? The bearings are bad on the supercharger and there is a noise with it also; but I'm not sure if that's the problem or if it's electrical, or something else. Thanks, I would like to hear from you.

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE from North America

Summary:

It's not too flashy, but it's been the best experience I've had with a car so far. Just hit 196,000!

General Comments:

This car has been awesome, I highly recommend it if you don't have much money to spend, but still want a very reliable car. It's been the best car I've ever bought.

Review Date: 29th June, 2006

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8L V6 Fuel Injected from North America

Summary:

Great

Replaced alternator twice, replaced the intake manifold, needs a few small cosmetics repairs inside and out. Needs front brake rotors machined.

General Comments:

This car is wonderful. I've driven many others and love this one the most. It is extremely stable and is surprisingly capable off road in the sugar sand. It has great acceleration and handling.

Review Date: 20th May, 2006