1988 Pontiac Firebird Reviews - Page 6 of 6

Year of manufacture1988
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 305 5.0 HO Semi-Automatic
Previous carPontiac Bonneville

Summary:

A fast car! Bring it on boys

I have had to put in a new battery and new valve cover gaskets, I do believe the head gaskets are going. It was another teenager car, so it's been beat!

Some rust around wheel wells and where someone scratched it to break in (I got my stereo back)!

General Comments:

Great car, even though I haven't taken it on the road yet. It is a project car for me. I'm only 16, but I don't plan on beating it, even though everyone says I will.

Review Date: 31st May, 2001

9th Jan 2002, 10:14

I have a red Trans Am this year with T tops and 305. It is fast. Little tip, don't drive it in the snow. Oh yeah. Smoke shows are not beating the car and it does good ones.

25th Nov 2005, 20:40

Agreed. I'm 18, My Formula has the 5.7L V8 auto. I wanted a standard, but sadly they didn't make it with this engine. I can get my 245/50/16s to burn for over 3 seconds on WOT. Also, if you press brakes slightly while WOT you will get to send smoke signals...!

1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 from North America

Year of manufacture1988
First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 350 Automatic
Previous carNissan Maxima

When I bought it I had to replace the alternator and an exhaust manifold. Other than that, nothing except a tuneup and tires! I took it as a project so it's getting completely redone!

Oh yeah and I blew my differential doing smoke shows! Believe me, it's worth it!

General Comments:

I've owned this car for only a year and some months, and it was worth buying! I love Firebirds and this one is one of the best out there!

It's a raw 330 horse power monster with great potential and I'm going to explore all of them! As soon as I replace the differential! For those of you thinking of getting one, I fully recomend it!

Review Date: 13th February, 2001

19th Apr 2001, 22:13

I was just wondering what you did to your Firebird to get it pushing 330 horse???