Impractical, but fun!
- Leaking heater core (replaced one on my previous Firebird too).
- Broken radiator neck; plastic was brittle with age.
- Water pump failed, twice.
- Clogged catalytic converter.
- Motorized hatch release failed.
T-top car, very flexible in the body. Fun to drive when gas is cheap -- getting a bit pricey these days :)
Winter tires are a must, they make a big difference, even just in the rain. Speaking of rain, sometimes it finds its way into the car and puddles on the floor. Seems to leak somewhere around the hatch. I have taken this car on logging roads, and it does fine. Just watch out for the airdam on the bigger potholes.
Overall, it has been a very reliable car, still runs strong with regular maintenance. Twenty three years old, and still turns heads.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 20th June, 2011