1995 Pontiac Grand Am from North America

Thermostat, wheel bearings, heater core, gasket, window don't go up or down, brakes wheel cylinder, headlights, car sometimes won't turn off, windshield wipers don't work.

This car should be on IMMEDIATELY RECALL.

Review Date: 3rd February, 2010

5th Feb 2010, 06:41

It's 14 years old for crying in the sink! - manufacturers don't recall 14 year old cars which are close to the end of their useful life. Buy a new one and then you can complain.

1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.3 from North America

Summary:

I loved this car

This was my first car, a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am.

I loved this car. Yes it did have a lot of problems; the door locks went out on me, the driver side door went out on me (and by reading the other comments, it seems most common), the cat. went out on me, and the alternator went out.

The bearings hub went out (as you can tell, the other owner didn't really take good care of this car).

Let's see here, the starter had to be replaced, the spark plugs a couple of times, the brake lines had to be replaced (I found that one out while I was driving down the highway on the way to work).

The alternator belt snapped, and the front speakers no longer worked (lucky for me, my boyfriend (now husband) worked for a Pontiac dealer, so it didn't cost that much to do all of these repairs).

Also the lever to make the seats go forward and back went out on both front seats.

I had to replace the wire going to the alternator to the battery.

Wow, now reading and writing this, I realize just how much I should have not got this car, but other than all that happened, I still loved that car, and when I sold it this year, I cried. It was my first car and I had paid for it all on my own, at only the age of 16, so if you can afford to pay for all the repairs, I say keep it/get this car.

Review Date: 25th October, 2009

1995 Pontiac Grand Am GT 3.1 Gas F.I from North America

Summary:

Another reason GM is in the mess they are

1. Head gasket blew at 100,000 miles.

2. Leaks water into passenger compartment. Carpet is ruined.

3. Both power windows do not work. Replaced one motor which worked one month.

4. Ignition relay was replaced under recall.

5. Replaced defective headlight multi-switch.

6. Wiper-mist multi-switch does not work properly.

7. Blower motor will stop working until tapped upon.

8. Speedometer randomly drops to zero and then back to normal.

9. ABS system light on constantly, due to power steering pulse unit wiring being damaged. Power steering unit would need replaced.

10. Replaced defective cooling fan motor.

11. Currently, overheats to 220, maybe radiator.

12. Water pump has been replaced.

13. Alternator has been replaced.

14. Driver side tie rod has been replaced.

General Comments:

Nice sporty little car, economical on gas. V-6 is peppy and fun to drive. Would enjoy the car if there wasn't always something wrong with it. I have nearly always owned GM cars and this will likely be my last.

Review Date: 24th August, 2009

26th Aug 2009, 07:22

Um you do realize that your car is almost 15 years old right?? What more do you want, it lasted this long. Retire it already!! Also I hate to tell you that not many new cars last that long without problems.

1995 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2.3L from North America

Summary:

Love it, but hate it

The car continually overheats on trips longer than 15 minutes.

The brakes are very grabby, even after being replaced and bled.

General Comments:

Amazing handling with the right tires, turns on the drop of a dime.

However, it tends to run hot, and the A/C has never worked.

Review Date: 5th May, 2009

1995 Pontiac Grand Am 3.6 from North America

Summary:

Half like it, half don't

Same problem as everyone else, all 4 windows won't roll down, A/C doesn't work, temperature gauge goes up and down when we go around corners.

Door locks have locked on their own when the car is running and I'm on the outside! If you want windows to go up faster, shut the car off, and then restart and it will roll up a bit, continue to do this until fully up!

Now the heater gauge won't tolerate being moved. But car is 14 years old.

General Comments:

Must say I am pleased with the power this car has to climb steep hills at highway speed, and it sure doesn't have any problems passing other cars. Too bad all the interior stuff is so awful.

Review Date: 8th March, 2009