1986 Pontiac Parisienne Brougham 5.0 Chevrolet V8 from North America

Pontiac Perfection

This Car Ran on propane when I bought it, the propane tank started to leak. After converting it to gasoline I swapped on a set of headers with dual glass packs.

The Radiator blew out in the first 5000 km.

Too much power goes through tires quickly.

General Comments:

Fastest car I've ever had takes corners good.

Seats are comfortable.

When I bought it needed a new passenger side front window.

Power window switches.

New power seat motors.

Review Date: 24th February, 2008

1986 Pontiac Parisienne Sedan V8 5.0L from North America

Best car I've ever driven

Water Pump had to be replaced at 110,000 miles.

Fuel Gauge Broke at 95,000 miles (Told from previous owner).

General Comments:

I use this car to get back and forth from school 300 miles away and deliver pizza when I'm home. Not the most ecenomic on fuel (About 24 MPG on the highway, 15 in the city).

Very powerful car, will spin out at 30mph.

Smoothest ride I've ever had.

Very comfortable cabin- more than adequate room for feet. Ceilings just the right height. Wide enough to sleep in.

Review Date: 10th January, 2007

1986 Pontiac Parisienne Broughm 307 V8 5.0L from North America

My life goal is to keep this car running well and I LOVE HER GREAT JOB PONTIAC!

Radiator failed around 110,000 miles.

Factory Thermostat failed around 160,000 miles.

Cruise control wiring caused throttle to stick wide open -- removed cruise control.

Main electrical window control and driver window failed at 161,000 miles.

Driver-side window clip failed at 165,000 miles, causing window to fall forward out of door frame. Still operational.

General Comments:

This car is sturdy, long lasting and incredibly dependable.

Minor electrical issues are cheap to fix.

Body is shoddy/cheap in areas (factory spray paint chrome around brake lights, etc)

Cabin extremely roomy/comfortable, fabric holds up extremely well.

Review Date: 6th April, 2006

16th Mar 2007, 12:16

I see that you have a 5.0L V8. I was wondering what the top speed in the Pontiac was, because I am thinking about having one, and I want it with a lot of power.

Thanks, Phil.

**Please respond**

1986 Pontiac Parisienne sedan 4 door 4.3L from North America

Great winter car

The car is in good running condition. The air conditioning will have to be replaced. Just from lost coolant and lack of use. Hood ornament has been replaced 3 times. Engineering was not for longevity. Do to failing shocks, the springs will need to be replaced.

General Comments:

The car is a land. After a trans oil change and a tune up, the car runs great. Some people confuse the torc coverter function as a bad transmission, it is just a hard shift on the three speed. If you can find one of these buy it. Do not let a kid or a woman drive it. It must be respected.

Review Date: 28th January, 2006

6th Jan 2007, 21:18

Do not let a kid or a woman drive it. It must be respected.

We can respect cars...

30th Mar 2008, 21:07

I do like this car... But I do not appreciate your comment about respect. I got one of these when I was 16 as my first car at 65,000 miles. I put over 30,000 miles a year on it during high school and early college as I delivered pizza and newspapers. I am now 25 and I have over 340,000 miles on this car and it runs and looks almost like new. I still get comments on having such a nice car, and they are amazed when I tell them how many miles I have on it.

1986 Pontiac Parisienne Brougham 307 5.0 V8 from North America

It feels good to own the car that my grandfather drove, I hope it's as good to me as it was to him

Driver's side power seat does not work anymore.

My throttle cable has gotten a bit sticky.

Front driver's side speaker cut from time to time when going over a bump. Also speakers sound somewhat distorted.

My headliner is falling down.

My vinyl top is cracking.

The paint is starting to oxidize from sitting outside.

General Comments:

The car was handed down to me after my grandfather passed away.

Very good, and reliable, first car.

It's made of steel so I don't have to worry too much about it being damaged in an accident.

Very comfortable and roomy.

Sat for a little over a year and still runs strong.

A.K.A.:"Mafia staff car"

Review Date: 12th September, 2004

14th Sep 2004, 08:21

Steel cars don't get damaged in accidents?

What are all these body shops doing, just fixing Corvettes?