2006 Porsche Boxster Reviews

Year of manufacture2006
First year of ownership2012
Most recent year of ownership2013
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

Attainable and useable high end sports car!

Auto down driver's window for top blips up and down for second for no reason. Happened twice. Nothing else!!

General Comments:

I actually looked to see other reviews when I came across "comments" on the other 2006 post. Funny enough, the last one was posted by me 2 years ago! Well as fate would have it, I spoke about being lucky enough and getting the chance to "maybe" swing a Boxster financially. Well, it happened. I didn't get it after the Lexus, but had a BMW 328i coupe with automatic and traded that on a 2006 Base with only 11K miles on it in 2012 from a top end local Porsche dealer. I bought the car Certified with a 2 year factory warranty. After my trade equity balance and some saved funds, I have a car payment about that of Honda Accord EX-L. So, yes my passion is cars, I'm married have a kid going to college and make just enough to save/squirrel away and choose what I spend on to make it happen. I wouldn't trade it for a second. The ride home from the dealer was probably one of the best hours of my life. (Next to marriage and my son etc. LOL!)

I use the car everyday, it's an immaculate driver. I commute to Center City, Philadelphia weekly and park it in garage and clean it on the weekends. It's not roomy, nor does it have Bluetooth, even power seats or useable storage spots. It does have cup holders and just enough space to put change, sunglasses and odd things, but it accelerates, drives and handles like nothing else. The connection to the road is visceral as is written in the motoring reviews. It's true, you feel, hear and appreciate the driving experience. I'm an average guy of modest means and it's my daily driver. I drop the top as soon as possible and contort beach chairs, cooler and umbrella for weekend trips to the shore in NJ. I also "place" my full golf club bag in the rear trunk and enjoy any chance to play 9 or even 18 holes. These cars truly need to be driven to be maintained, and I love owning and driving it. Worth the wait!

Review Date: 11th February, 2013

4th Jun 2013, 00:12

How does it handle in snow??

2006 Porsche Boxster Base 2.7 from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Previous carVolkswagen Passat

Summary:

Almost a perfect sports car!

To this date there have been no errors or problems with this car. There have been perhaps a few electronic issues that have resolved without intervention.

General Comments:

This is a very quick, light and responsive car. It has exceeded everything that I hope for at this time. So far (knock on wood) there have been zero issues and zero oil loss. I love looking at the car and it has been a fun passion since buying it last November.

Review Date: 6th March, 2006

7th Mar 2006, 23:35

That's all you have to say?

16th Jan 2009, 05:03

I have something to say about all of this. This is an expensive, overpriced product. I'd rather have a Solstice GXP or Saturn Redline. More power, better fuel economy and 30g's in my pocket. Some people just have money to burn.

7th Apr 2009, 18:31

The American "roadster" convertibles mentioned in the above comment are very different cars to the Cayman. While they have convertible tops, they have substandard engines, extremely poor handling and rattles and squeaks galore.

The Boxter is like a precision scalpel. The Solstice (LOL) is like a crudely sharpened chunk of stone. Sure, they both cut things, but some of us prefer the quality and precision to get the job done right.