2002 Proton Waja GX 1.6 from Malaysia
Good looks from outside a distance away, but closer - looks cheap
1. Air conditioner not cold enough - cannot be fixed by Proton.
2. Fuel meter not working if half tank or below - Proton will not fix.
3. Seats began to wear out after a few months.
4. Strange sounds appearing at the back seat.
5. All components door handles, dashboard are poor material and construction quality. If removed it is almost impossible to put them back.
6. Service center - they cannot fix problems, only want payment.
Unfriendly. Looks like Proton is the customer to its car buyers.
7. The car is good effort, but poor QC makes the car looks very "cheap".
1. Excellent road handling, looks sporty, nice rim and steering.
2. I hope Proton CEO would accept criticism and plan for better more competitive Proton. Look at success by Hyundai.
3. The car is good effort, but poor QC makes the car looks really "cheap".
Maybe the components are made in a hurry.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 24th December, 2002
Please do something about the noise when WAJA 1.8 reaches the speed of 110 km/j and above. I think the sound proofing is not good enough until I could hardly enjoy my stereo sys. while driving above 100 km/j.
Hello there! I'm amused and sorry for those having lots of problem with their Waja. On my part, thank God! Everything seems perfect after 1 1/2 years ride from Ipoh to KL. Bravo Proton!