One of the worst cars ever made
This remains the worst car I have ever owned.
- Clutch master & slave cylinder twice (18000 & 62000).
- Front brake pads 6500, 13500, 20,000. Finally found a harder compound, which made it all the way to 35000. Brake master cylinder twice.
- Engine mounts broke, entire drive train would move back and forth even before & after repair.
- Entire exhaust system 3 times. Exhaust manifold fell off the engine.
- Fuel injectors leaked. Windows fell off lifts, crank handle broke. Seat heater failed.
- Primary shaft to transmission and gear both failed at 41000. Waited 2 months for parts from Sweden.
- 2nd gear synchro 42000, had to shift 1-3 most of the time.
-Tach stopped at 23000, windshield wiper motor twice, other electrical problems.
This car was fun for a few minutes a month, then reality would slap me in the face. It only made it to 62K miles before it was finished. The only thing that worked decently was the Triumph engine.
SAAB made planes. I said I would never fly in one because of all the problems I had with this horrible car. I did fly on a SAAB/Fairchild turboprop years later and survived.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 11th August, 2010