2003 Saturn L200 L 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Not stylish, uncomfortable, get what you pay for car

Fuel pump at 28000.

Paint job is terrible.

Seats wore terrible.

General Comments:

My wife bought this car, and uses it to go back and forth to work, which is short 8 mile easy route. In that time, the car wore like it was going thru a battle field. The paint faded and the seats wore within a few years, and the overall ride progressively got uncomfortable.

Needless to say, we take my car most places.

Review Date: 16th July, 2010

2003 Saturn L200 Ecotec 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Very nice driving and dependable vehicle

Electric fuel pump.

Battery.

Brakes.

Tires.

General Comments:

Pros:

Fun car to drive if you like speeding.

Great handling car even at high speeds.

Nice pickup from a stop.

Very good on turns.

You can go at 90 mph and it feels like 50 mph.

Very dependable car.

I bought the car used at the end of 2003 for $10,000. It had 22,000 miles and now I have 160,000 miles on it. All I had to replace beside the normal oil changes, wear on brakes and tires, have been fuel pump ($900) and the battery. Everything else on the car is original equipment.

I would definitely would buy a Saturn again. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Cons:

Cloth seats stain easily.

Not a great looking car.

Engine light comes on and off, but it has not caused a problem.

Interior light went out a while back and I have not fixed them. I checked the fuses and it is not a fuse problem. I was told it is a computer problem, and I do not want to pay the money

Review Date: 29th September, 2009

14th Oct 2009, 21:11

2003 Saturn L-200.. The best car I have ever owned.. 96000 miles and the only thing ever fixed was brakes! Would definitely buy another Saturn!

2003 Saturn L200 from North America

Summary:

Poor quality

The climate control is impossible to control. It is either too hot or too cold.

After making my final payment on the car (five years), I had to replace the tires for a wholesale cost of 650$!

Immediately, (the very next day) the car stalled on me during rush hour traffic on a dangerous curve on a steep hill. After having it towed to the dealership, we found out that the fuel pump will have to be replaced, at a cost of 800$.

For the past year, there has been a grinding in the front whenever I make a slow, sharp turn.

The gas mileage is poor.

We will never buy this brand of car again!

Review Date: 21st July, 2008

2003 Saturn L200 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Very cheaply made and unreliable, and a waste of money

The headliner had to be replaced 7 times in the first 4 weeks of my owing the vehicle; at the fault of the manufacturer (water logged interior as a result of detailing).

The side strips in the front windshield still to this day will not stay in, because the adhesive is of poor quality. They have been replaced 4 times by the manufacturer, but then the manufacturer gave up and said they would not replace them unless I paid for them (even though they were covered under the 90 day warranty). But when it expired, they said "no more".

The A/C and coolant system has always had problems--not working, or doing the opposite of what it is supposed to do; that has been fixed 2 times. To this very day, it still does not work.

The car was delivered to me with a flat tire; the manufacturer finally replaced it, after I had to hassle them for 2 hours.

The glove box handle completely fell off after I merely pulled on it to open it one day.

The rear brake system had to be replaced, because apparently there was a nut or screw that had broken a long time ago, and was never fixed. It had made a groove in the brakes, and cost me over $800.00 to replace.

The gear shaft in the steering column had been replaced 3 times by the manufacturer, and then broke again 2 months later.

General Comments:

I have had more mechanical and cosmetic issues with this car than I have had with my 1997 Honda Accord that is 11 years old and I have owned for the past 7 years. It has never had any mechanical issues, nor things that have broken or fallen off (because the car is NOT made with any quality effort).

I have contacted the Saturn dealership where I purchased the car, and the corporate headquarters, only to be told they will not help me unless I pay to have the car hooked up to a diagnostic machine. Why? Because I had not brought the car in for over one year. I told them they should not have to do computer testing for the things that are falling off or falling apart.

Review Date: 3rd July, 2008