2003 Saturn L200 from North America

Summary:

A bad choice and costly repairs

Fuel pump ($650.00) in 2009.

Air conditioning, 3 times.

It's hard on tires (a known problem).

The car's computer (2013, $1000.00), after which the electric locks won't work, dash lights on and off, etc.

Needs lots of repairs, and the power steering is on its last mile...

General Comments:

Good enough acceleration, holds the road real well (when not in need of again changing tires), seats are uncomfortable, nice looking, roomy.

Thank God it was a second car. I bought a Toyota Corolla as replacement, and my other car is a Toyota Camry...

Review Date: 11th September, 2014

2003 Saturn L200 2.2L eco from North America

Summary:

Great car, hands down!!!

Fuel pump.

Lower assembly arm (I hit a curb).

Brakes.

General Comments:

Great car!!! I absolutely loved this car. Great MPG, comfort and low cost of ownership.

The only problem I had (that wasn't brought on by myself) was the fuel pump went up around 200k miles.

The only reason I got rid of this car was because I had too many. I know who has it now, and it still runs like a champ (225k miles). Too bad Saturn didn't make more. Great first car, commuter car or even small family car.

Review Date: 28th January, 2014

2003 Saturn L200 2.2L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Overall, I'm satisfied

I am the second owner of the vehicle, and purchased it from a Saturn used car dealership, so anything before 60k was not of my concern.

Fuel injection system flush (due to vandalism) : $1300 (happened within 72 hours of car purchase, so the dealership covered the cost).

New suspension: $1100 at 118k.

New tires (4 tires on two occasions) : about $500 per set.

A/C unit stopped working at about 100k, haven't had it looked at yet.

Was hit while parked, damaging rear tail light and bumper: $1100 (the other driver covered the costs).

Brake lights on the rear windshield require maintenance because of a faulty design.

Emergency brake replacement: $300.

General Comments:

Overall, this car gets me from A to B.

I wish the circumstances under which I purchased it were difference, I basically needed a car in a hurry, but I could have done a lot worse.

It's about to hit 125k, and I put about 15k on it annually.

Not comfortable for taller passengers (over 5'10").

Roomy trunk and backseat for any transporting needs.

Easy to find car-seat buckles.

Ugliest upholstery I've ever seen.

Fun on fast curves.

Review Date: 26th April, 2011

2003 Saturn L200 from North America

Summary:

It has been one of the best cars I have owned

The fuel pump went out, but that has been all. I went to have brakes put on, and someone apparently worked on it before that, and put the wrong size drums on. Not the car's fault.

I do need two new tires, but that is because one is patched from picking up a bolt in the road, and one is because the rim is slightly bent from hitting a huge pot hole 2 years ago.

I had an alignment done, and encountered no unusual problems. The alignment was done like any other vehicle. I was not told I had to have any special equipment.

General Comments:

The car has got heart. It looks like a normal mid size car sort of a sleeper, but when you step on the gas, it surprises some of those around you. It is great when you have to get out of a tight spot in a hurry.

It is very comfortable to drive.

It handles very well.

The trunk space is super!

Review Date: 27th October, 2010

2003 Saturn L200 2.2 from North America

Everything has gone wrong, can't keep good tires on the back from a factory defect.

Coolant sensor went out 3 times last year, and seats were worn after a week of having it.

General Comments:

First time owning a Saturn. Won't have another one ever; rides rough and very uncomfortable.

Review Date: 18th October, 2010

2003 Saturn L200 4 from North America

Summary:

Questionable car?

Fuel pump went and left me stranded in traffic at 121000.

Catalytic converter went at 95000.

Loss of radiator fluid on a regular basis at 85000.

AC/climate control went at 80000.

Excellent gas mileage (30-31 highway)

General Comments:

I have owned three Saturns, the first one (the first generation) was excellent.

The second one was okay -- but had brake problems early. This one has had a number of problems.

Questionable about whether I would purchase another one.

Review Date: 3rd September, 2010