2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4.0 from North America

Summary:

Good car until you reach high mileages

The check engine light has come on several times since I've had the car.

A transmission sensor went out after the car hit 100,000 miles. Had to have it replaced.

Just recently the car started acting funny. When started, it would act as if I had my foot on the accelerator. The engine would rev for no reason, stall, stagger, sputter. I took it to the dealership, and they said all signs point to the engine control module, which is the car's computer. They said it needs to be replaced. This is costing me over $1,000.00.

General Comments:

Overall, I have had good luck with the car. I never had any problems with it until it hit the 100,000 mile mark. It has been good on gas, held up great. Would love to drive it for another 100,000 miles, but I don't see that happening. After I get the above problem fixed, it is going on the market for sale. This was the first brand new car I ever bought and paid for, so my overall satisfaction is okay.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2011

23rd Mar 2011, 22:07

You were really lucky with your Forenza. Most Daewoos never last as long as yours. Suzuki was foolish to re-badge these cars as their own. It drove them to dead last in the reliability ratings of most publications.

24th Mar 2011, 12:29

Which is sad because the REAL Suzukis are very reliable.

24th Mar 2011, 18:20

Very true. My last little Suzuki was very reliable, but I knew a Daewoo/Suzuki was a bad investment. Their real models like the Esteem, Aerio, and SX4 are very good cars. I've been waiting for them to bring over their global Swift subcompact to North America for a long time, but I've given up. I've been hearing it's coming here for about five years now. I live in Canada, and Suzuki has been pedalling a rebadged Aveo here since 2004. They call it the Swift+.

25th Mar 2011, 13:49

I wish they would bring the global Swift to the U.S. I see quite a few of them when I visit Indonesia, they are good little cars. I would consider buying one if they brought them to the US.

2005 Suzuki Forenza from North America

Summary:

I hate it

Five months after financing the car, the transmission went out and had to be replaced under warranty.

Around the same time, the airbag sensor light came on; the dealership turned it off, but it continues to come on.

One of the components in the headlights was replaced, but the wiring harness was already burned out. Suzuki refuses to fix it, so now I only have one head light.

Speakers went out on one side while still under warranty, and the dealership "couldn't" find anything wrong with them. Five years later, they still go in and out.

Check engine light constantly comes on. I'm always told it's the gas cap.

Thermostat went out on the car.

General Comments:

This car came with a lot of really nice features like a sunroof/moonroof, cruise control, radio controls in the steering wheel, but the low performance of the car overshadows all of those things.

Review Date: 19th June, 2010

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan from North America

Summary:

Totally no good car

It started smoking the second day I had it.

General Comments:

This car has me so frustrated. I don't have warranty, therefore the dealer has nothing to say to me.

The engine light came on; they replaced the oxygen sensor. Now my car is making a loud noise in the front, and they can care less. I don't know what to do.

Review Date: 26th February, 2010

26th Feb 2010, 13:39

Take it to an independent mechanic for proper diagnosis. Don't take it to the dealer anymore. I also suggest to stay away from these franchises such as CarX and Midas and so on. Take it to a family owned business ("Ron's or Bob's Auto repair") that has a good reputation.