* Seat sensor for airbags repeatedly go bad, they tried to blame my kids. 100$ + : Happened three times so I'm driving around with no airbags.
* Security sensor went bad for the hood and the alarm started going off randomly. 100$ +
* Belt snapped a day after a recall repair was performed on the timing / drive belts. Engine ruined. Free.
Dealer did not want to cooperate very much. They ended up replacing the engine. They even used the old belt it seems. Shoddy workmanship. There was a gash in the timing belt cover which wasn't replaced.
* We replaced the alternator ourselves, luckily found a cheap refurb online for under a 150$. Avoid the dealer if possible; they wanted about 500 for a new one not including labor.
What to look for: smoke emitting from the alternator, weird sounds from it and an electrical ozone smell. Of course, the car dies and won't crank.
1. Transmission lacks a dipstick. It's a bolt.
2. Cheap quality on sensors.
1. Good gas mileage