2007 Toyota Avalon Limited from North America

Summary:

Excellent

Nothing has gone wrong with this car.

General Comments:

Amazing! This one has A LOT more power and performance then my 2001 Avalon and better gas mileage! Laser cc is handy. Love the rain sensing wipers. Like that the trunk pops open part way when you unlatch it, handy when your hands are full! Love the auto-unlock when you touch the handle and the push button start. Passengers LOVE the back seat area. If you need a large car this is the one.

I drove a 2006 Cadillac CTS recently and I have to tell you that car is more fun to drive then my Avalon. However, the reliability of the Avalon is much better.

Big advantage of Toyota's for me is that I only have to go to the dealer for routine maintenance. These cars just don't break.

Review Date: 15th November, 2007

27th Nov 2008, 02:17

You may be in for a surprise. These cars break at about the same frequency as the others and they cost more to fix when they do. Despite the advertising, the 1970's vehicles have no effect on the reliability of vehicles today.

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring Sedan 3.5 Liter from North America

Summary:

Too expensive

Paint has chipped.

Transmission Jerks.

General Comments:

The car has good performance, corners well and looks much better than the old Avalon's. It handles much better than our previous Toyota Corolla and Camry.

The cabin is roomy with lots of room in the back seat.

Not good for people sitting in rear middle seat because of rear console.

The seats are comfortable, the large mirrors are a nice touch.

Our fuel economy is 19 city and 24.5 on the highway with an average of 22.5.

The keys are hard to place in the ignition because the turn signal switch is directly on top of it.

This car would be a good value if it cost $7,000 less. I regret we paid so much. Toyota's used to be a bargain. Now the reliability seems to the same as the American cars, but with a higher price tag.

Review Date: 20th December, 2006

8th Aug 2009, 15:51

You can't even get 25 mpg on the highway? I can get 30 or more with my big Buick and average 26 on my daily commute. My parents purchased a mid-sized Mazda and they can't match my mileage either.

8th Jul 2012, 12:55

Let's do this:

Let your car and your parent's car run out of gas. Put one gallon each in each vehicle. Let's see who runs out of gas first.

That is a true test.