2004 Toyota Camry G 2.0 VVTi from Philippines

Summary:

A poor man's S-Class or Rolls Royce

Actually, all the problems that I will mention are not really serious.

November 2008 - The right rear window did not want to go up. Took it to the dealer and it was fixed within 30 minutes.

Early 2009 - The lock of the rear right stopped functioning. Fixed by Toyota in an hour.

August 2011 - We couldn't unlock the glove compartment of the car. All we could do after taking it to the dealer is to use the glove box without locking it.

October 2011 - The suspension acted up. Our mechanic took care of the problem.

Other than the problems stated above, the car only goes to the Toyota dealer every 5000 km for its Preventive Maintenance Check-up.

General Comments:

This car was only partially ours for 6 years. We only use it from time to time when we are forced to. For most of the time my grandmother and my auntie used it. When my grandmother passed away in November 2008, we had more time with this car, mainly Fridays, because our other car ('99 Galant) cannot run because of the number coding scheme, but most of the time my auntie uses it. When she passed away in April 2010, we had no choice but to take the car.

This car is meant to be chauffeur driven. I wish this had a 2.4 engine instead. My uncle owns one (although two years older) with that engine. He said it has a very good pick up. The pickup of our Camry is not so good. You struggle when you have to overtake a slow moving vehicle, enter a flyover or expressway on ramp, or go through winding roads.

Of all the cars we have ever had, this is the most comfortable we had. The leather seats are comfortable and the legroom for everyone is wide and spacious. The air-conditioning is also very good. It cools the whole interior in no time!

In June of 2012, we transferred the original Kenwood stereo to our Galant before disposing of it. Now it has a Pioneer radio with USB to connect my iTouch/iPhone, which was in our former Galant.

I would like to say that we really like this car. It's very reliable because it has served the whole family very well for more than 9 years already. The car is really nice on the outside and inside. It looks like and feels like a Lexus. It feels so nice to bring this car to an exclusive place like a 5 star hotel or any special occasions like weddings and debuts. When some of my classmates and friends rode in this car, they loved it because it is a good looking car and is very comfortable! Our relatives and family friends love it too! The car has been to numerous weddings and debuts.

The service at the Toyota dealership is excellent and efficient. They keep a record of past services and the parts that need replacement like the brakes. During the last PMS, it was done within the day. Keep up the good work!

Even though we just ordered a brand new Toyota Camry with a 2.5V trim, which will have a higher level of luxury, comfort, technology, and performance, we will still be keeping this one for several more years to come. It seems our family has already fallen in love with the Camry nameplate.

Review Date: 1st May, 2013

2nd May 2013, 23:43

"It looks like and feels like a Lexus."

Rolls still puts Lexus to shame when it comes to styling and road-presence.

3rd May 2013, 10:11

Rolls Royce and Bentley are also ostentatious, flaunting wealth. Not always desirable in my opinion. Also they are large, hard to maneuver and park, especially in a city environment. With security etc an issue, my pick is a new Mercedes.

2004 Toyota Camry LE 2.4 from Lithuania

Summary:

Simply the greatest car I've ever owned

Nothing was wrong with the car all time I owned it.

General Comments:

Just a perfect car. Reliable, economical (~8 l/100km), comfortable. Next car I wish to buy will be a Camry again.

I have changed more than 20 different cars and manufacturers during the last 15 years.

Now we own 3 Toyotas in the family. And Toyota is the only car I'd want to buy again.

Review Date: 9th April, 2011