A great family car
1. Boot flooded with water on day 1 (repaired)
2. A-pillar (driver side) popped out after 1 week (self repair)
3. Rear seat belt clip came off (self repair)
4. Suspension "clucked" when going over speed retardant (fixed after 10 months)
5. Rear view mirror rattled (replaced)
6. Vanity mirror cover (passenger) spring faulty, came off on its own.
The car is rather good overall, but I believe since the Malaysian version is now made in Thailand, Toyota is suffering a drop in quality as the QA/QC may not be as strong as its Japanese plants.
However, it is likely that quality will begin to improve once customer feedback continue to be well managed all the way back to the designers and also production line.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 9th April, 2004