2004 Toyota Camry 2.0E 2 litre petrol from Malaysia
A great family car
1. Boot flooded with water on day 1 (repaired)
2. A-pillar (driver side) popped out after 1 week (self repair)
3. Rear seat belt clip came off (self repair)
4. Suspension "clucked" when going over speed retardant (fixed after 10 months)
5. Rear view mirror rattled (replaced)
6. Vanity mirror cover (passenger) spring faulty, came off on its own.
The car is rather good overall, but I believe since the Malaysian version is now made in Thailand, Toyota is suffering a drop in quality as the QA/QC may not be as strong as its Japanese plants.
However, it is likely that quality will begin to improve once customer feedback continue to be well managed all the way back to the designers and also production line.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 9th April, 2004
22nd Sep 2004, 00:49
The car engine, transmission and suspension are good, but the interior quality has dropped.
- The plastic coating on the door handles chipped off. The black patches showing more and more as the beige color chipped off.
- The vanity mirror on driver's side spring seems broken and cannot close.
- The headlamp cover made of low quality plastic and scratches all over after less than 2 years.
- The steering squeaky noise has not been fixed despite 2 complains made at Toyota Service Center at Subang Jaya due to lack of skill personnel and tools.
- Door insulation not too good, can feel the effects of wind seeping in at high speed.
- The body paint work easily chipped off.
- Booking for service need to be made 3-4 weeks ahead. Need to expand the service center.
Camry 2.0 Owner
11th Mar 2005, 02:06
The engine and handling are good. But a few interior issues are faced with my new Camry 2.0 (bought end Dec'05)
Squeaky noise comes from the driver seat intermittently. Sometimes can even feel the driver seat being jerked when driving over a corner.
Squeaky noise coming from the glove compartment when driving over uneven road all the times.
Centre storage compartment cover cannot be latched up properly. Fixed in the 1st service.
Body paint easily comes off upon slight contact with hard objects (such as a neigbouring car door accidentally touched on the side door of Camry).
Slightly below my expectation on the new Camry.
21st Jan 2009, 10:19
I am planning to buy Toyota Camry model 2005, although the 2008 model is more complicated, but I would rather stick with the old one heheehe.. larger than the latest one.
29th Sep 2010, 10:00
I read from a forum saying that a 2005 2.0 Camry consumes just RM 0.17 per litre, how true can this be? I'm planning to get a used one.
20th Dec 2010, 10:08
Yes you are right, the fuel consumption is as stated. I own one myself, and I'm pretty satisfied with this car.
27th Dec 2010, 20:12
I am a owner of Toyota Camry 2.4 series 2010. Car I.D WTC 5023.
My problems are as follows:
- My car always drifts to the left, no matter how you drive.
- Hitting pocket of water, it shoots to the left.
- Wobbles at around more than 110 KM/H.
Complaints made at the service centre, they replaced the front springs, and now it has become even worse. Complained to Shah Alam HQ, they deny after being checked by improper engineers sent to the service centre.
Can anybody advise me on the next course of action?